or Connect

Posts by tastytart

It makes a good cooking liquid for rice.  Once the rice is cooked, I add frozen vegies and leftover pork.  Then, I taste it and add what ever flavors are missing. (that, or I taste it first... then also last..)
welcome. I think you're in the right place. There is pleanty of helpful descussion here, so join in and have some fun. 
your right, salt is not a spice, but pepper is. I just didn't (and still don't) think that it matters as it pertains to the topic at hand. 
salt and pepper are the go to spices for just about all saveory food.  But, I still like to add other things, depending on what it is that I am cooking.
that sounds like a wonderful dish. 
Fish is done when it changes from the raw fish color to the cooked fish color.  For fish that is going to be fully cooked, take it off the stove just before it get to the point that it "flakes"   by the time it's out of the pan and onto the plate, it should just be starting to do this, and be moist, not bone dry.  
Intresting. I didn't say anything about "frequenting" anything. Just that I'd seen it done. 
This sounds good.  It seems to solve most of the issues that I have with typical turkey.
If the turkey is "stuffed" then the turkey ends up being under cooked, or totally dry.  But, This is america, and over cooked is seen as a good. 
Possibly, you could dust the whoopie pies with powdered sugar, and a small bit of whipped cream dusted with coco powder, or cover with choclate shavings.