or Connect

Posts by IndyGal

Hormones make you fat. It is impossible to ignore them 100% of the time. And you can do a LOT of damage with just a few slip-ups. If you have high insulin, (you Dr. will tell you that you are not diabetic, but you sure aren't normal) - anyway high insulin tells your body to store fat above all else. (just as low insulin causes your body to give up fat stores.) Our American perverted diet with hormone fed meat animals, unlabeled GMOs and other chemicals on our food causes...
Made shortcake (like my avatar picture). Had nectarine/blueberry mix instead of strawberries. I highly recommend this shortcake. It is a Williams Sonoma recipe. http://cookiejarconfessionals.wordpress.com/2008/05/04/the-best-strawberry-shortcake/
Last night I was so tied from having worked out in the heat & humidity all day, so i turned on the tube. Finally lit upon the last few moments of Master Chef. I was appalled to see Obnoxious Joe actually spit something out on camera. What could they be thinking? No one wants to see that. Then he made it obvious he thinks Italian contestants should always excel, going around to put his arm around the Italian guy's shoulder, etc. I mean, really. How prejudiced is...
Isn't the amanita the mushroom one takes in order to trip out? Red cap, kind of speckled? I think that is the one referred to in J.Allegro's ridiculous book, saying that Xtians & Jews were really a mushroom partaking cult and all the scriptures are nothing but code for hiding their proclivity for "mind expanding" substances from the authorities. Yea, really someone was stupid enough to write that. He had been an ancient language scholar, working on translating the dead sea...
Good for you, not having TV coverage! All I have its broadcast TV. I realized about 5 years ago when I still had cable that most of the time it was on, I was not looking. So had it removed. One thing I miss is Pacers coverage, but not enough to pay for it, greedy NBA. Unlike you, I can lay a book down and it seems I do that more often now days. I'm much more careful about what iI pick up to read now days. For instance, I just returned the new Joyce Carol Oates book, The...
I once dated a man that just loved that shortening frosting. I have to say, I never thought of him as very discerning from that day on. But then he was totally embarrassed by what I drove. My opinion on cars that if you turn the key and it runs, you don't go buy anything else to drive. He probably thinks of food similarly.
It airs here on the Fox affiliate as well as Kitchen nightmares And Master Chef. Must be cheap to produce. I don't watch any of then b/c they seem to go out of their way to find the most disgusting places or messes they can find (including disgusting people) then Ramsay rants and curses for a while. Finally someone wins something (or the restaurant its cured of its errant ways ) and everyone Carries on as though it was worth all the abuse. I can live without that. I...
Yes, fot morel mushrooms,It is a little late this year because we've had a colder than normal spring.
Its that time again. First nice warm day and Im going mushrooming. I agree that perhaps the batter its to complex, however I'll never make it with only plain flour again. Cornstarch or rice flour makes a huge difference, much more crispy. But I don't think the sugar its necessary, and eggs are optional. I do like the fish sauce tho.
Hi George, I tried to go to your website, but got a page saying the suite was not available. I would be interested in some top quality olive oil, but I fear that shipping would make it prohibitively expensive.