or Connect

Posts by IndyGal

Thanks, Joey and Terry! I've alredy tried the "down and dirty" type, and I liked them very much. I'll try the others when I get more red onions.   You people are the best! Indy
Here is a great marzipan Stollen (my personal fav) and also some great instructions on how tomake marzipan, and candy the fruit, etc.   Great site http://www.breadtopia.com/stollen-recipe/
I guess it is the same principle as what my father used to say when we entertained, "If you don't have leftovers, you didn't have enough."   But being from the USA, I have zero problem with people cleaning their plate, and then saying "no thank you" to offers of more.  I figure they know when/if they are full and who am I to question it?  In fact, even though I'm sure it is a time-honored custom, I think it is a bit arrogant to inspect people's plates.  I respect them...
When I'm out with my girl friends, we yak so much we hardly even eat.  I noticed recently we left the whole basket of bread untouched, which would NEVER happen if I were out with a man or another family member.      I don't really avoid most things, except drippy stuff if I'm wearing something that I think will be irreparably harmed.   But I've certainly been embarrased before trying to deal with something.   Like Calamari in Sausalito one day.  It was just like...
Hi Joey,   Thank you so much for the sympathy.  I am finally getting used to being without her.   The cocker senses I'm really upset and he's stepped up his "togetherness" act, though he really isn't the super-affectionate type.   I'll probably wind up getting another dog who DOES soak up the affection more.  I miss it!   But he/she will have to be calmer outside than Leia was.   I certainly agree about the food.   While I do feed the best food I can get my hands...
  Hi Joey, My two doggies LOVE salmon.  They always get the skin and any parts I don't want.  And their all time favorite is sardines.  They go NUTs for sardines.   I make Alton Brown's "nutrition packed" avocado/sardine sandwiches often, and I don't need a whole can, so the doggies get the oil and whatever I don't use, they just love them.    My dog cookies are simple:  a big glom of p'nut butter, WW flour, egg(s) however much seems appropriate, and leftover stuff, could...
I'm not a pro so I have no need of such a sharp knife.   But I used to be a professional hair person.   I bit the bullet and gave $300 for a pair of Japanese shears (way back in the 80's) and they were like miraculous.   Hair moves in front of the cutting area with most shears, even good ones,   So you get a slant on most snips, but those Japanese ones cut it perfectly even, sliced right through and the hair did not travel in front of it.   So I was sold, and wound...
While we are on the subject of Mexican food, I have a question for you. On Rick Bayless' show, he did the deal where you bury the pig in a pit outside, cover with leaves and twigs, etc.  But that is not what I want to know about. it looks great, but I know I'll never do that.    But on that particular show, his daughter made picked onions.  I think I know how she does it (Lime juice, salt and red onions, no?) But I keep missing  that segment even though...
I would not be complaining if my popup blocker (which is ON) blocked it.  But Netflix and this thing seem to always find a way around it.   I run Opera for a browser and it blocks more than firefox or IE does.   I
I've answered the survey twice, once when I was not signed in, and once when I was.  I thought that would stop the annoying popup, but it didn't.    I even allowed it to set a cooking, which I normally do not allow.   Can't this be improvred?