or Connect

Posts by pcieluck

I'm finding it very odd that coleslaw, let alone salad hasn't even occurred to me...
hahah I knew that this:   would come into discussion. But to be clear I am speaking of  Baby carrots aren't found in any grocery stores within a 15 mile radius of my home, so I am kind of forced (for presentation sake) to carve these out with a tournee knife.
mmm carrot mousse....
You know those hand-carved baby carrots? I need some ideas for what I can do with all the scraps from that.   Some of my ideas:   Minced for meatloaf, meatballs, or maybe stuffings Minced for dumplings. Pureed for soups or even a side dish.
I didn't use foil, but i did put it in a ziplock. I ultimately didn't use it, and just cooked a fresh potato for this, only took about a half hour anyways.
This is home use, purpose 100% to make my lunch between my two jobs to cook in minutes. so simple question, is it safe to eat? or have i made a potential time/temperature error filled with botulism and cause harm to me and my lady friend?   though i will keep all that info under my hat should i find myself in charge of what i'm trying to make a quality place.
In the restaurant I work in, leftover baked potatoes are cut in half at the end of day and refrigerated to prevent botulism. I know this is a serious risk, i find while searching google, in "baked potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil," but what about a Yukon gold I've par-boiled tonight, that's cooling whole in the refrigerator a plastic zip-lock bag so lunch can be made faster tomorrow?  
Oh I have no hard feelings on all that.  I'm just wondering if maybe some condensation built up on top, and it the surface got moldy, and the evidence disappeared after sitting in the sink all night and the fat had softened at room temperature.  Even if so, if it was then trash or could have been salvaged (before it was left out all night).  I had it kept in a heavy cassarole dish, not air-tight.   and for what it's worth, the best confit i've ever had was, in fact,...
You name the soup, and I can tell you exactly how i'd do it to suit you needs.  Let's take some chicken soup for example.  For chicken soup I make the stock first, then I color and stew chicken legs alone until the meat pulls from the bone. I'll refrigerate the stock and the meat for tomorrow. Skim the fat off the top after it's congealed in the cold.  Vegetables of choice will be cooked a little bit of the skimmed fat, and then finally meat and vegetables added.  I...