or Connect

Posts by Momandchef

I am not totally worried about jury duty. My boss is freaking out about it tho. I have NEVER been put on a jury, no attorney in their right mind would put me on a jury. 1/2 my family is either in law enforcement or employed in the courts and the other half has ties to organized crime. I am a no-win for both sides.   My friend did offer to loan me her very cute, very colicky baby for the day, just in case   Unfortunately here you can't get out of jury duty unless...
To add insult to serious injury I got summoned for jury duty the week our groupon is scheduled to be released.  
ITA! Steelbanger sounds like good people. (as my father in law says)
I'm old school. I just use a sharp knife. For me, nothing is faster
Sorry, She was my sous. I've been working a lot and late just about every day. My brain is getting fried.   It has been hard. She was doing pretty good then this. It just sucks. The owner has been great tho, stepping in to help me get stuff done. I had a customer come in this morning, a young girl that was telling me the last time she came in that she was working to save money so she could go to culinary school in France. I gave her the owner's info and told her to...
I LOVE shortbread!!! There is a bakery in my town that makes the most amazing Irish short bread. I CRAVE it. They use cultured Irish butter that gives it a little tang. It's amazing.   I have been wanting to try some at my place. Since we sell cheeses I was thinking of trying some savory ones, using some of the cheese we carry. Blue cheese, maybe Parmesan with rosemary. We carry this amazing Midnight Moon aged goat cheese that I love eating just by itself, but it may...
  Foodpump hit the nail on the head.   I do have side jobs tho...   teaching cooking classes    
Another female chef here! HI!!! I too just made head chef and yes, this is a tough industry to be a female in. In my early days I had to deal with more than I care to mention. (Doesn't help me much being "top heavy" for lack of a better term. Eyes up here boys )   I agree with the others, keep trying. The right job will come along. I have been fortunate to land the perfect job for me in a small cafe style place that is full of women! lol, no testosterone in my...
after just a couple weeks my new chef quit on me. I really can't blame her tho. her brother was involved in a bad car accident, is on life support and are not sure he will make it. She had to go back to be with her family. She said she didn't want to quit, but didn't want to leave us hanging, epically with tourist season looming upon us. She just isn't sure when she will be able to leave her mom. (who is understandably taking this very hard) I totally understand,...
Sorry I have not experienced that before but my husband says neosporin and a band aid is a cure-all.