or Connect

Posts by Momandchef

It's not quite thick enough to coat stuff with, but I could probably turn it into a pudding, or a mousse even.   Thanks!!
I work at a small cafe that serves breakfast and lunch. Every morning I make a pot of killer hot chocolate, from scratch using a blend of french dark and milk chocolate. It's thick and really yummy. Anyway, most days (the cold and rainy ones) we sell out of it. Warm days we will sell maybe 2 cups. The owner and I have been trying to come up with ways to use what is leftover on those days. I was thinking of making Frozen Hot Chocolates with fresh whipped cream. Which I...
I work at a small cafe in a small central Texas town and soups are pretty popular here too. I have tried some different ones and they don't fly so much here. One of our most popular soups is Roasted Red Pepper soup that we put a little shredded Marieke Gouda on top of. let me know if you want the recipe. I have also done a creamy spinach soup that we served with shredded Gruyere on top of. It wasn't too well received. (Everyone wrinkled their nose and said...
Crumble, I hear ya. Being a woman in this industry isn't easy. I have worked in many a kitchen where I was the only female. I got a lot of what you are describing happen to me when I was in college. In all honesty I just tossed it right back. The guys would make a lewd comment to me, I'd toss one right back, just a little nastier. They stare at me licking their finger, I'd do it right back. It would make them laugh and we'd all move on. I worked at a steak house where...
I take a multi-vitamin every day along with vit. c supplement. Also when I start to feel like I am getting sick (itchy throat, achy etc.) I start popping Echinacea 3 times a day. My great-grandma also used to drink every night before bed a big glass of water with a shot of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of honey. May sound crazy but she never got sick and was perfectly healthy till the day she died at the ripe old age of 97 in her sleep.
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site here. I'm a self taught chef, but I have won a few awards in the past. I am getting back in the business after being out for a while (after getting married and having babies )   My background is Italian and Mexican (well Puerto Rican more so than Mexican) but I love to cook it all. Currently I am working in a specialty shop that serves breakfast and lunch.   Look forward to getting to know y'all!