or Connect

Posts by BrianShaw

Same.
My Grandmothers always rolled it out, brushed with butter and smothered in cinnimon sugar to make us tasty treats.  I do it too.  Yummy.   I also use it to cut into fanciful shapes to decorate the pie/tart.  Generally re-rolling leads to a lower quality shell.
OMG... that is not "inexperienced", that is BRILLIANT.  Now you have the makings of:   Hash, with a perfectly poached egg. Fritatta. Pasta - ollive oil with the roasted veg (pick out the kielbasa) Pasta - tomate sauce with the roasted veg (pick out the kielbasa) Lasagna - (pick out the kielbasa) Submarine sandwich - bind it all together with melted provolone Mexican Torta - bind it together with Oaxacan cheese Enchiladas - especially with a chile verde...
I didn't have time ot responde earlier int he day, but my response was going to be almost exactly what phatch said.  Only additional thought is -- slow cooker, why not?  Use low setting and give it a try; let us know.  I'll bet that you will be successful.  The difference between high and low settings will be the cook time.  So plan for more cook time with low, and if you're in a hurry use high.  No matter, you'll have to figure out the timing on the fly for the first...
I think silver is the most commonly used and would guess that.  But that could be unique to where I once worked.  Your question is interesting because the grade of sheet gelatin is rarely specified in cookbooks, etc.   Here is some information that may be useful to you:   http://stellaculinary.com/podcasts/video/the-basics-of-gelatin-sheets-vs-powder-part-1-of-3   http://www.modernistcookingmadeeasy.com/info/modernist-ingredients/more/gelatin
I actually witnessed that when dining once.  Used the men's room and a cook came out of the stall and went straight into the kitchen without washing hands.  I complained and pointed him out to the chef... and was told to get the hell out of his kitchen.  OK, so I barged in without an invitation, but I was polite enough to ask him aside to chat.  As I left I heard the cook deny that it ever happened.  But I saw it and we immediately informed the manager that we were going...
... or as I say too often, What we know (facts and evidence) is trumped by what technocrats think and believe.
That is my favorite combination.  On it I tend to do two types of sauce:   1.  A ranch dressing with lots of cracked pepper, and my latest fascination, 2.  Michael Symon's LOLA Spicy Ketchup, but with about 50% less cumin than his recipe specifies.   But one can never go wrong with a really good Thousand Island dressing.
When making tea, never re-boil water.  the first boil is said to take the oxygen out of the water so the subsequent boils makes the water taste flat.  For anything else I suppose re-boiling is OK.