or Connect

Posts by BrianShaw

Funny, that. I don't disagree. Google search engine treats the two words as synonyms. Odd or not?
The Sri Lankans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamomum_verum  
I'm not going to pile onto the other comments because I just googled both "pan seasoning" and "pan curing"... and both chefs are correct. Took me less than 2 minutes to find the info. Reading it might take longer but...   The history is a different issue. I have never seen much on the history. Maybe McGee has something to say about that, IDK. If nothing else, you can make up a good story about the first user of a cast iron griddle and how she (it would have ben a "she"...
That is shorthand for "King Arthur All Purpose" flour.   http://www.kingarthurflour.com/flours/   Welcome to the "in" crowd.
The opening line is CRUCIAL. Suggest saving the "complaint" to the second thought.   It might be better to start the conversation by saying how much you enjoy being a part of the Chef's team and want to be a productive team member but having some concerns about being able to best meet Chef's needs, expectations, and standards. Chef will certainly ask, Why?... or quietly wait for the next sentence.
Hang in there!  Good luck!  Do the right thing for you but don't do anything that you might regret later!
For whatever reason, she may feel threatened by you (or our very existence at "her" station).   Her hormones may be "temporarily off balance" and need a bit of time to re-adjust. It happens... sometimes more pronounced in some women than in others.   Alternatively... she may like you and have a secret crush on you.
Take a bit of your spare time and watch the kids movie Rattitooey. I find it not only relaxes me but gives good advise in how to deal with difficult co-workers.  Seems quite apropos to your situation!
I've been in your shoes several times. It's not easy... I know!   There are two basic options: (1) find a better work environment and (2) be patient and wait until that person sinks their own ship. Going to management with a complaint is what all HR/management folks say to do... but I find that to be just lip service. HR/management doesn't want to deal with that person either and probably won't. They are likely waiting for option #2 to happen... which is ironic since...
That for sure, together with proper baking time/temp... And some simple or flavored syrup during the assembly.