or Connect

Posts by BrianShaw

Thanks for the clarification.  You are completely excused - autistic or otherwise.  :)
Oh no, then I've been using my Nakiri for the wrong things. I ONLY use it for veg. What is it supposed to be used for?
It sounds like a failure of the yeast to fully rise.  Not an uncommon problem for beginning yeast bakers.  Knowing how long it takes bread dough to rise is a function of many factors so recipe times sometimes may not be accurate.  After the overnight in the refrigerator the dough needed more time to rise on the counter.  Next time try a more traditional countertop rise rather than the extended refrigerator rise.  That will make it easier for you to get a feel for how much...
Ooooh... that too!  Thanks!
Thanks for the interesting replies, folks.   Rick... I could have left them whole but I can store a lot more in powder form so I opted for grinding.  But  the bushes are still producing so I can also dry them whole.   FFGirl... I hear you.  Same thing here in SoCal.  I gave up on dahlias too.  I know the garden shop sells lots of dahlia bulbs but I haven't a clue who can successfully grow them.  I sure can't.  Hydrangias just made my list of "give ups".   FF... I...
Here is my "go to" pan for omelets (I like the 8 inch the best:   http://www.bakedeco.com/detail.asp?id=8518&categoryid=602#.VD238_ZMuJA
The bread crumbs would stick if there were mustardMustard would be an alternative way to make the bread crumbs stick but, alas... no mustard either.
That must be the diet recipe for folks who want their breading "on the side".
I use both carbon steel and teflon-coated aluminum with almost equal results.  I go between the two mostly based on final product size (my aluminium pan is 10 inch and the steel pan is 8 inch) more than performance.  The steel pan, indeed, needs to be seasoned... much like one seasons a cast iron pan.  The aluminum pan is one of the generic teflon pans from a restaruant supply store (Smart and Final): inexpensive, last a long time if treated with care, and easily...