or Connect

Posts by BrianShaw

King Arthur has a dough conditioner that they sell in retail quantities.  That might be a good substitute???
Not a good source for supplies for the non-commercial baker, but here is softex (read down near the bottom of the list):   http://www.bakemark.co.uk/site/products/default.asp?cat=3
Strong flour is the British term for a high-gluten flour, or what we call "bread flour" here in the US   Softex sounds like some sort of a conditioning additive for texture.  Maybe something that makes the rolls similar to Wonder bread?  But never heard of that and googling didn't help since that name is associated with a Greek paper towel company.  I don't think that is what the recipe author intended.
That looks just like a Sunday cook-out at Uncle Bill's house.    With a fanciful name it could become the rage of food trucks all across the globe!
I can't help but wonder what the rest of the story is.  Seems like a lot of damage to the knife for just that little amount of corrosion or food crud (whichever it is) and slicing a roast beef... unless it got twisted between the ribs and the ribs were still on the cow.
Yikes
Maybe I wasn't clear. I think you need to moisten the cookie throughout rather than soaking it. You seem to be soaking them too much based on the symptoms
It seems that you are soaking them rather than moistening.
Loss of fudginess is probably overbaking. Recipes are often not exact due to differences in ovens, pans etc I may try that recipe. My mouth continues to salivate for a brownie
So how did they turn out?  My mouth has been salivating all weekend thinking about your brownies.