or Connect

Posts by BrianShaw

I would not.   Here's what I do: (1) burn off any spillage (2) scrape off any residue or raised debris (3) admire the well-used appearance of the stone and wistfully recall the great pizzas that contributed to the stains.   A pizza stone should look clean only once: when originally purchased and first removed from its box.
Canning jar... British brand name
... Or sand blasting or glass beading. But still isn't worth the effort.
My, my... Even I want to eat one of those! Maybe for my next 39th birthday?
Mac and cheese. Make it fun by offering "mix and match" toppings like pulled pork, shredded chicken, shrimp, buttery bread crumbs or croutons.
That looks like aluminum oxide to me. Potentially a quick path to Alzheimer's... Or worse, impotence.
Yikes, what a mess those pans are! I wouldn't bother putting any effort into them. The all can be replaced for about $50 or $70 at a local Smart&Final, or whatever your local "commercial" store is. You'd put a lot more effort int restoration than it is worth.
One has to be able to define "region" to answer that kind of question! Often they are a lot more localized than we imagine. Your potato latkes example is a classic!!!
Meatloaf and mashed potato?
Interesting, FF. Very consistent with what I learned at my mother and grandmothers apron strings... Even though that was in New England where we called them scalloped potatoes and never used the French words. Even our French Canadian neighbors seemed to call them scalloped potatoes, at least the did in front of us.