or Connect

Posts by BrianShaw

There are a lot of smart people on this forum. benuser is one of them so comparing their knowledge with a bit of your own experience an testing will get you the right gear. Enjoy the experience!
Would you buy a car, or marry someone, sight unseen? If you have money to risk ending up with something your not compatible with then taking the advise of random Internet folks rather than trying for yourself is ok. Not too many people would agree that trying a knife leads to a wrong impression.
That is a rather unique perspective. I don't totally disagree with it but only when the requirements or "desirements" are well understood. When uncertain of those requirements trying a variety of options is invaluable.
It's not easy to see very clearly, but that sure looks like stress fracture to me.
I'm one of the few around here that seems to like both the German profile and my Shun knives. No problems with sharpness, chipping, or bad looking clad after years of fairly intense home use. I did drop one onto tile and it chipped and the tip bent. Other than that I've been quite satisfied. Suggest you try and decide for yourself. There are plenty of shops that will let you try before you buy.
Yes. Annually, actually
King Arthur has a dough conditioner that they sell in retail quantities.  That might be a good substitute???
Not a good source for supplies for the non-commercial baker, but here is softex (read down near the bottom of the list):   http://www.bakemark.co.uk/site/products/default.asp?cat=3
Strong flour is the British term for a high-gluten flour, or what we call "bread flour" here in the US   Softex sounds like some sort of a conditioning additive for texture.  Maybe something that makes the rolls similar to Wonder bread?  But never heard of that and googling didn't help since that name is associated with a Greek paper towel company.  I don't think that is what the recipe author intended.
That looks just like a Sunday cook-out at Uncle Bill's house.    With a fanciful name it could become the rage of food trucks all across the globe!