or Connect

Posts by BrianShaw

I've always hand grated the cucumber and squeezed the water out.  But I really like the look of your processed cucumber.  I'll definitely try it that way next time.  Thanks!
Great point.  I use paste a lot to make a quick dinner.  Another great paste (my favorite, in fact) is Rogelio Bueno. Sometimes I even make mole to put on french fries.  Yummy!
Nice picture but not enough sauce to make a nice dinner.  Mole can be a complicated sauce (or not, depending on which mole one makes)... but here is how I would get started:   https://www.google.com/#q=zarela+martinez's+cookbook+oaxaca   or:   http://www.kitchenmonki.com/recipe/Rick_Baylesss_Oaxacan_Black_Mole_with_Braised_Chicken
Spam, Wednesday night Prince spaghetti, mashed potato with ever meal (except spaghetti)   But as a suggestion for what to bring to the birthday pot luck:  Tuna casserole would be great, as wood a nice big chef salad.
>>   I wasn't referring to you, specifically, Dilbert. 
Sounds like an interesting business opportunity for someone in the insurance industry! Maybe there should also be a policy available for intolerant old folks so if they are annoyed by other diners, or can't chew their steak, or get constipated the next day... they can get their money back.
p.s.  I feel the same way about noisy drunk college kids... they should either sty in the bar or leave when they get out of control.  :)
I agree... compassion should go both ways.  My children are not babies anymore and when they were we picked-and-chose which restaurants we would take them to.  Once, in a family style BBQ, we were subjected to lots of abuse from a neighboring table because the little tyke was cooing.  Not crying, not banging, but cooing.  That jackass even directly threatened my kid with a spanking.  Not for crying and not for banging, but for cooing.  Talk about one angry old fart!  We...
I think spell checker changed your intended word "compassionate" to 'comprehensive'.  If you meant that society should have more compassion I totally agree.  In this case, though, I think the restaurant should be more realistic.  What the heck -- buy a ticket that is non-transferable.  How utterly restrictive... although part of me understandings that there may be workload and "security" factors underlaying that decision.  But if I had a ticket and was going to lose...
If I'm not mistaken the commercial pizza ovens around here (deck or conveyor) are generally run at 550 degF.  That is why I mentioned 450 being more asoicated with "home cook/oven".  I can get my home oven to 500 and that bakes a better pizza, but running the oven at that temp for too long risks burning the house down.  :)   p.s.  I, too, am an "outsider" to the Chicago deep dish.  I learned it from reading and trial and error but never really liked it and never...