or Connect

Posts by BrianShaw

Wonderful... so we agree.  Circulation in the oven is important.  That's great!  You use rectangle; I use round... whatever works for each of us is all that really matters.   I know the Fibrament line of products quite well.  I also know the OldStone line, and the Forno Bravo products.  There are many good options for baking stones.   Re: the topic of the thread... I've found that 50-50 whole and white flour can make a fluffy loaf but it is rarely as fluffy as 100?...
Well, here's how it worked. For me; your experience seems different. Gas oven. Gas needs air to burn properly. Small oven with big rectangle stone smothered the gas flame. Inadequate heating and carbom monoxide from bad burnis not good. Smaller rectangle stone might have been as food as smaller rectangle stone but I chose round. Not much of a difference to me. I don't need 25 pct more stone floor. Let's not get emotional or dismissive about it... We have different...
Disagree all you'd like... but what are you disagreeing with?  I gave my opinion based on my experience.  You can't tell me that I'm wrong.  Rectangle is good for you and your oven; I'm happy.  It wasn't for me and the additional baking surface is not an issue for me.  I'm simply pointing out that other folks should think of htat consideration prior to choosing a baking stone.
One consideration on stones is to ensure that sufficient circulation still occurs in the oven.  I opted for a round stone since it allows better circulation than rectangular stone.
Fresh onionis even easier to get and use.  If you have a Trader Joe's nearby they have frozen pearl onion (already peeled) that would go into a stew quite nicely.
About 3 hours sounds about right.  Cook until done.  Temp should be no less than 180 when finished; many people like higher temp like 190 - 200 for falling apart meat.  As for browning... not sure what you mean but think you might be talking about browning the finished product like one browns BBB.  If that is what you mean, then no.
Nice looking menu.  I could be happy even after many visits.  But we probably wouldn't visit more than once because of the meager children's menu.  My kids would be miserable - they are bored with kids menus that only offer chicken nuggets, cheese pizza, and buttered noodles.  I'm sure your nuggets will be very good, but many kids like both variety and slightly more "adult" offerings -- just smaller portions and a bit less "exotic".  I'm always on the prowl for something...
Same.
My Grandmothers always rolled it out, brushed with butter and smothered in cinnimon sugar to make us tasty treats.  I do it too.  Yummy.   I also use it to cut into fanciful shapes to decorate the pie/tart.  Generally re-rolling leads to a lower quality shell.
OMG... that is not "inexperienced", that is BRILLIANT.  Now you have the makings of:   Hash, with a perfectly poached egg. Fritatta. Pasta - ollive oil with the roasted veg (pick out the kielbasa) Pasta - tomate sauce with the roasted veg (pick out the kielbasa) Lasagna - (pick out the kielbasa) Submarine sandwich - bind it all together with melted provolone Mexican Torta - bind it together with Oaxacan cheese Enchiladas - especially with a chile verde...