or Connect

Posts by BrianShaw

Ooooh... that too!  Thanks!
Thanks for the interesting replies, folks.   Rick... I could have left them whole but I can store a lot more in powder form so I opted for grinding.  But  the bushes are still producing so I can also dry them whole.   FFGirl... I hear you.  Same thing here in SoCal.  I gave up on dahlias too.  I know the garden shop sells lots of dahlia bulbs but I haven't a clue who can successfully grow them.  I sure can't.  Hydrangias just made my list of "give ups".   FF... I...
Here is my "go to" pan for omelets (I like the 8 inch the best:   http://www.bakedeco.com/detail.asp?id=8518&categoryid=602#.VD238_ZMuJA
The bread crumbs would stick if there were mustardMustard would be an alternative way to make the bread crumbs stick but, alas... no mustard either.
That must be the diet recipe for folks who want their breading "on the side".
I use both carbon steel and teflon-coated aluminum with almost equal results.  I go between the two mostly based on final product size (my aluminium pan is 10 inch and the steel pan is 8 inch) more than performance.  The steel pan, indeed, needs to be seasoned... much like one seasons a cast iron pan.  The aluminum pan is one of the generic teflon pans from a restaruant supply store (Smart and Final): inexpensive, last a long time if treated with care, and easily...
Add me to the list of those who may have been overwhelmed and confused.   My hot sauce production tends to be rather basic with the variation primarily being the chile type:  mash, salt, ferment, vinegar, and bottle.  Not much else except a touch of sugar to balance since I have no intention of trying to improve on the "rooster" sauce or the myriad other commercial alternatives.  Thickener/emulsifier not necessary... a quick shake of hte bottle before using is all that...
KK, I'm preaching to the choir but: Having done many years worth of free-form interviews, structured interviews, focus groups, and written surveys... it is even harder to collect information when being secretive about ones true identity and intent.  People interpret that as sly and deceptive whether that is the intent or not.  Collecting data/information is nothing new.  Claiming "experimental approaches" simply indicates a failure to research the proven ways of doing...
I've been biting my tongue (not very tasty, really) but now that KK has commented... so will I.  I have not worked in food service for many years and have built a very successful career in scientific and engineering research in support of large-scale system development.  I know how hard it is to do research but I can only agree with KK in these observations. This appears to be like many other "design students" who post here periodically random questions that seemingly have...
I don't know why I'm laughing, but I can't stop!