or Connect

Posts by BrianShaw

So what independent variables have you manipulated in your 38 trials thus far?
This is a wonderful obsevation and question.   I would answer mostly affirmative but the hestation is that we all have criteria for (1) what brings us pleasure (2) what we feel comfortable with (3) what unites "noble materials, beauty and functionality" (4) what brings pleasure.  So answer is quite individual. Most of my knives far exceed the "junk knife" category and meet my criteria for all 4 issues listed above.  But somebody could beg to differ and claim that my...
I feel the same about the Henkels 4-star I bought in that same timeframe.  Still in use and I'm still happy with them.  But I'm also still happy with the much-despised Japanese knife brand that I bought much more recently.  :)
Slide some of those truffles (or the truffle butter) under the skin of a whole chicken, then roast it. Yummy.
Kiss the neighbor. Then make risotto with shaved truffle.
Truer words have never been written/spoken, Robertoo!   And not to beat a dead horse (because he's not dead, just feeling a bit ill)...   I saw this guy using Shun knives.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bartolotta  Not the kind of guy I'd consider a "home cook" or a knife nOOb.  :)
Thanks... that clarification helps.  Even though there are several models of electric knife currently available, some very affordable, and a strong endorsement by Alton Brown... I still don't have one and really don't think I'd seriously consider one.  Even if one were given to me for free I might graciously decline.  But maybe if you ask again after I fail to get really pretty turkey breast slices on Thanskgiving I'd reconsider.  :) One of the features I've hated about...
What are the design factors you would like to address.  So far all of the questions/answers are addressing preference... which is good discussion but mroe focused on a marketing study rather than a design study.
Something to consider:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvPuc8s-LR8
+1. During that boil it is important to control the salt and acid content.  Both tend to "toughen" the bean.  Soft boil is all that is required and the timing is the trick - based mostly on the bean's age (which most of us rarely know) and the size of the bean.  The other trick is balancing the salt.  Add too late and the bean is underseasoned; add too soon and the bean is tough.