or Connect

Posts by IceMan

If the order was served up the way you originally say ... to my party and me ... I would have waited for everything then got up and walked out.   Problems like that don't happen in My kitchen because I don't let them happen. As it's been said, all of this could have just been taken care of properly. I don't work any other way.
I don't think my intention was to deride anyone. I'm sorry if I came off that way. I've been in this business for a little while, and whereas I'd very much like to be in the price range where all those of you wearing "ego caps" are, my experience says that it's just not there. It's not there if you want work anyway. My point about the "Thomas Keller" chefs is based on regular customers not being in any hurry to pay those prices to chefs like us with regular working names,...
That same plumber/electrician gets paid more than the people educating your children.   Figure that out. 
12 rolls ... for 4 people ... none left ... THAT tells me they were delicious. NO, smartyclown ... they weren't just all that hungry and the rolls weren't little.  I know and agree with your "selling" idea. I also know "charge what the market will bare". That and what you want to charge are sometimes very distant relatives. My clients hire Me for having Me. I'm paid just fine ... and they become repeat customers. I didn't just start doing this last week. I'm a very good...
I'm using it. That's how I roll. However ... everyone here thinks I'm an idiot. 
OK ... What I'm saying is is that you need to be aware of the basic standard competition. Portillo's, Brown's Chx and every other Choke&Puke catering place for that, and TGI Friday's, Hooter's, Chili's et al for eats/drinks go-out. There is where your competition is $$$-wise. Believe it or not ... $$$ trumps everything else 98.6% of the time. Particularly for 2-people w/ the given menu. Unless you're a "Top Chef" type chef, you're not in the game for the big $$$ stated....
For that menu ... NOBODY is going to get more than $50/seat + food cost unless some it's done by some big-name celebrity chef. You hot-shots can forget your major-league pay scales. You have to know what going rates at regular establishments are and then determine how much extra people will pay for personalized service. There is nothing on that menu that any journeyman line-cook can't do in the middle of a rush. This type of thing is exactly what I do. Trust me here ......
I'm sorry, but I must be missing this whole idea. The dinner is for just 2 people? The dinner is in the client's home? They gave you that menu? Is that all correct or are there different and/or adjustable details details? I don't understand why this is all so difficult.    I'd charge them $50 each plus the food cost. There are half a dozen franchise places they could go to for < $20 each + drinks, out the door. NO ... you are not that good to be charging crazy cheflayne...
I've got these. They work like a charm. Ginsu 6-pc. Steak Knife Set ... $18.99
Hey ... I'm not sayin' ... I'm just sayin'.                      "We work in kitchens ... It ain'te rocket surgery."