or Connect

Posts by IceMan

This is the recipe after that one: Although member Celine Leonard says she usually follows recipes, she had to make a few changes when making her aunt’s traditional ginger cookie. “This was my aunt’s recipe, passed on to me from her daughter. The replacement recipe made ginger snaps, the harder dunk-in-your-milk kind,” she explains. “Because my husband prefers a softer, chewier cookie, I added the sweetened condensed milk and the crystallized ginger. Now we have flat,...
I almost hope that this is not the recipe. It took me less than a minute to find it and post it. Still ... Is this what you are looking for? A quartet of spices livens up these dark, rich cookies. They get additional depth of flavor from molasses and a nice kick from crystallized ginger. They’re perfect for true spice lovers. 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, cooled 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar 1 egg 3/4 cup light molasses 3 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons ground...
I'm sorry but ... A coat and apron for $224?!? WOW. Nice budget. How can I get a job like that?!?
I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere. Maybe I missed the memmo.
I've been thinking more about this thread. As it was ... a rookie in a kitchen where I was just working thought, for some odd stupid reason, that "My stuff" was "the kitchen's stuff". After I came back in from a short break, I couldn't find a number of things. Some other guys heard me making noise and while I went out to my car to see if I really didn't bring my bag in, they confronted the guy. Apparently they insinuated to this guy that if I saw he actually had my stuff...
Good luck waiting for a response from BDL. As it seems ... he has been MIA for quite some time now. Sorry.
Well ... I don't know. Both sample sets used here, wife and friends, don't all so much work for me. My wife is way smart enough to not misuse my stuff. And none of my friends, whatever the case may be, are stupid enough to ever touch the stuff in my kitchen without asking. On the other hand ... none of my stuff is irreplaceable. It's only "stuff". My wife and friends I guess, are not so much stuff. "We work in kitchens ... It ain'te rocket surgery."
I generally make whatever the customer is paying for. NO ... I don't like doing that, but as Phaedrus has just said, "... My "vision" isn't paying the bills, the customer is." Now that being the case, I don't have any difficulty explaining that some substitutions are gonna get an up-charge. Sometimes too, there is no way I can do what is asked. NO, I can't serve un-sauced meatballs ... they are cooked in the sauce. However ... I can wipe off the sauce if you...
OK? Rick ... How did you get "NSF" from "AGYP"? I must have missed that memo.