or Connect

Posts by IceMan

WOW. ... I don't get it. It's only stock for criminy sake. I'm not cooking anything for 18 or 48 freakin' hours ... particularly stock. My goodness. I make my stock buy roasting all the veggie scraps of the day and including bones or carcasses of the given meat. Then I throw in whatever herbs I got fresh at the time and boil it for a while and let it sit until cool. Then I strain it getting rid of any solids. Finally I reduce it until I think it's reduced enough. It goes...
2 1/2 lbs. of trimmed out seasoned hanger steak.    "Chef's Bite" ... whole and cut up.     Cooked steaks uncut.     Cut up steaks on their way to the table. 
I LOVE Americanized gyros. The last time I was in Greece I never saw a "pork" anything. 
From what I've read ... General Tso was very fond of a plate full of "Mongolian Beef". 
I pretty much don't like the "pumpkin-anything/everything" stuff. ... BUT ... many of my customers ... who pay me good $$$ do. I'm not in any hurry to change that. As for cheap Mexican food ... What the hey is wrong with you?!? ... I LIKE GOOD CHEAP MEXICAN FOOD. ... Shut up about making it more expensive. I've seen skirt and flank steak priced as if it were rib-eye. What the what is up with that?!? 
chefking … the post before yours was 2 1/2 years ago.     Welcome to ChefTalk.
I use my sleeve, on the inside of my arm at the elbow. 
For me, I'm going the three(3) step way. My flour will be seasoned with ground black pepper and my usual Weber's Veggie Grill.  The crumbs would be pretzel. Those big hard kind, lightly blitzed in the food-pro until the size of panko. 
LOL . Thank you ChefBillyB,  my friend, for your thoughts.    In actuality, the main dish that went with that salad was chicken fried steak with a baked cheesy potato-stack, dessert was baked apple roses. I'm not all that good with the pic idea. Everything so far was done by a helper. 
Phaedrus ... That is so very interesting to me. My three(3) best groups of clients, all very different demographically, don't give a rat's tail bit of difference about appearance such as tatts compared to uncleanliness and or sloppiness. All they care for, and come specifically to me for, is what is on the plate and the pairing I give them in the glass. Because I do most of my work privately, it's not in a standard restaurant atmosphere. My waitstaff, or crew as I call...