or Connect

Posts by IceMan

It's just two(2) pics posted for the effect of good looking food. To tell you the honest to goodness ... I don't have any clue what the salad vegetable is. It just looked a little funky to me so I called it arugula, since arugula is everyone's flavor of the month for the last year. It's after 1-am on a friday night. My specials tonight were fried rice, shrimp/crab rangoon pot-stickers and mongolian beef. All orders came w/ an almond cookie. I got a 50# box on sale for...
WOW.
OK. Vegetarian lasagna w/ some arugula on the side. Rare grilled burger w/ fried onion rings. It's just two(2) pics, posted for effect. I kinda thought that was all easily discernible enough. My apologies.
I don't know from models and styles, I guess it's maybe because they're kinda old, but I use Calphalon too. They're the anodized (?) jobbies, you know, just regular non-stick metal. NO teflon for me. You could just as well call my pans "Timex". They've taken' a lickin' and they're still cookin'.
My point still stands ... It was a one(1) time shot. I'm sorry for my mistake. And it actually was a charity event ... for the "Thomas Keller / Grant Achatz Benevolent Association Retirement Fund". That was a joke.
Thomas Keller and Grant Achatz could put together a dinner of braised gym socs and fish bait and make a fortune from high-priced people dropping $5,000 a seat ... once. That is called a "charity function. Just because those two(2) guys can do it doesn't mean anyone else can do it. And those two(2) guys ain'te making their every-day living off of situations such as that. The vast majority of every-day people going out to eat don't do it like that. I think it's a sad...
Alan ... I'm curious which is "You". The molecular gastronomy / deconstruction Guy or the Diner Guy? Believe it or not ... I'm not cracking wise this time. LOL.
How many "Guys", and I'm talking regular guys, not TV celebrity chefs with brutally over-priced chic places, actually make a decent living from serving molecular gastronomy and deconstructed anything? If you want some serious business and profit ... open a real good diner within a block of those places. That way, the disappointed people that have eaten there, dropped a disturbing amount of $$$ and are leaving still hungry can go to your place and eat for real.
You're gonna get "Popeye" arms making omelets using a cast-iron pan. You'll get tired of that in one(1) shift or less.