or Connect

Posts by IceMan

In regards to knives ... Shun being the point of interest ... I don't think there is anything wrong with them. However ... I think you can get a lot more knife for less money if you look. I've never seen any in a pro kitchen, outside of Alton Brown's on TV. They're a well made quality product, they look very nice and do a good enough job for a home cook.
I had these: The La Scala The Heresy ... ... was the first, and only for a long time, KLIPSCH speaker to use a regular woofer instead of a horn. As far as "classical music" ... the Klipsch were, and always have been, killer for whatever they played. Extremely clean, and I would guess more efficient than anything else. The Advent Mini's that I use now are just fine. Particularly being that I live in a very small house. Also very clean, they put out nice solid sound...
This morning, around 11:00, I had to put down my dog "Bandit". Vinland Cherokee Ha'Aretz ("Bandit") ("Puma-Kid" and/or "Kid-Puma") will be going to join his friends. He has no real special story, he was just a really cool dog. He was the 4th puppy of our only litter. We'll never do that again. Eight or so weeks after we hadn't placed him, my wife Thelma decided that he would become her baby-boy puppy. He has been her puppy for the last 12 years. "Bandit" has a brilliant...
"CHEF" is only a vocabulary word. You either have skills ... or you don't. We work in kitchens ... It ain'te rocket surgery.
I don't know "Serene". I don't have anything to do with "Cutco".
Somebody made a mention of the angle of blade to handle. Last year, or two years ago, VF had a line of "Anniversary" knives. I made the mistake of buying one of these because it was "on sale". The blade/handle angle was different for the anniversary from the regular. They were both the same quality knives, just with that little difference. I much prefer the standard knife's flatter angle. On another idea, I think I've found that, as "house knives", VF's are the lightest...
WOW. I completely stand corrected. My sincerest apology. Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt." Sarcasm may employ ambivalence, although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic. "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections". The sarcastic content of a statement will be dependent upon the context in which it appears.
Aside from phatch being the expert, here's what I do. My wok comes out of the cabinet w/ some rust any/every time I use it. No big deal. I let it get hot for a minute, then I splash in some oil and let it coat the entire inside, then I wipe everything out with some nice brown industrial-type paper towels. Good-to-go in 3-5 minutes. I'm not saying that is the "correct" way (I don't know, maybe it is. LOL.). I'm saying that it's My way, and I've never had any problems.
OK. I'm sorry, but I'm gonna sound like a complete freaking idiot (it won't be the first time). For me, and I'm not spouting off, Italian is just probably the easiest cuisine, outside of American bistro, to cook. You can learn and tweak recipes in one(1) day. You can streamline a menu to 12-15 items and be off to the races. You sound like a kid that can pull this off. Be the head chef. Take control. Talk to the owners as you do this. Act like it's all natural. In a coupla...