or Connect

Posts by IceMan

Look for "restaurant liquidation sales". Buy the best cheapest non-piece-of junk that you can find. I've seen lots of less than 1-yo stuff go for really good prices. If you keep your start-up principle down, you don't have to kill yourself as much to make a few $$$ a little quicker.
FlipFlop and Nicko have given you good points, but My bag includes a few extra things. First off, I have a coffee cup. ($3) Need I explain? Next I have a quick knife sharpener. ($11) Knives get borrowed, dropped, banged and such. It's not a big thing, just a sharpener. A fingernail brush is a good thing to have. ($1) Also, get to a drug-type store and get a bag of finger-cots. ($2) They are little latex jobbies that you roll on/over your fingers when they get nicked up....
Get a Waring® commercial blender and a Robot-Coupe® food processor. Money must not be of any concern for you so you'll be all good to go. I've never met anyone not satisfied with a Vitamix unless they were a shill looking for people to claim just how good Vitamix products are.
Luis ... I stopped reading after this:For what reason did you think you needed to continue? It sounded to me that you had a really good thing.
In all reality ... I don't think you can quenelle with a fork ... more power to you if you can though. I'd love to see it. Can you do us the big favor and make a YouTube video of it please?!?
I guess I'm with Peon on this idea. "Ha....really? For me, a quenelle spoon has always been.....a spoon." I'm not calling anyone out here for what is important. I just think it's not so much as big a deal as others do. I do find it cool though that some people take such pride in their work. I'm not sure, but I think there are two(2) other threads going on that are about "quenelle spoons". WOW. I'm on a break right now from cooking at a church shelter. I think I'm gonna...
This is a cool thread. I found it, as happens a lot, through looking for something else. Being that I don't drink much old wine (read = expensive), I use a decanter for most of the "pop'n'pour" wines that I do drink. For me, it helps to blow off any excess alcohol that may be there. It helps the wine breathe and open up to express the flavors that the drinker is looking for. Decanters come in many shapes and sizes. The few I have are old-fashioned Italian restaurant types...
WTF?!? I was just invited (last week) to be a contestant on "Top Chef". I graciously said "Thank You very much.", and declined. I think I'll be needing some therapy. YES, I said this same thing in a different thread, but I think only 2 people read it.
Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess, "Will you marry me?" The Princess said, "Hell No!" And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and dated skinny long-legged full-breasted women and cheerleaders and lingerie models half his age and hunted and fished and raced cars and went to naked bars and drank whiskey and beer and stayed out all night and never heard bitching at home and never had to pay child support and alimony and kept his house...
Sauteed mushrooms and grilled onions ... over a bigger steak. Salt and pepper too (freshly ground ... of course). NO other sides needed. Maybe you could also eat a handful of potato chips while you are grilling the steak. That would be OK.