or Connect

Posts by IceMan

WOW. I said in a post before how I generally do this, but here is my standard "Tomato Sauce". Yeah, I know, it's Bohemian and blasphemous in all regards to traditional Italian sauce. Yeah, I know, you all are gonna bust my chops for this. But still, this works every time. It never gets any complaints. I used this just last night cooking in a mob place. A coupla guys said they wanted my recipe. LOL. I refused telling them they just had to pay me to cook...
LOL.YES, most definitely YES. ... As long as you've got issues.
Great example/suggestion, Mike9.
I just posted the pics from an email ad that I got. Go look at the site. They have a nice enough selection. NO. I don't work for them. I don't own any coats from them either. They're just a nice company. I'm not sayin' ... I'm just sayin'. (You know ... conversation.)
OK. Here's what I was talking about. NO, I don't work for these guys, and this is not any sales pitch. I don't even wear these coats. But still however, I will consider them when I am looking to shop. http://www.happychefuniforms.com/800-347-0288/ examples: Royal Blue CookCool Chef Coats MEN's: Closeout Price $11.99 / WOMEN's: Closeout Price $12.99 White CookCool Chef T-Shirt Closeout Price $9.99 Women's Pink Zip Pocket Lightweight Chef Coat Closeout Price...
OK. I'm not sayin' ... I'm just sayin' ... I think you should wear whatever makes you happy. That is of course if it goes along with whatever is in the kitchen, or what the boss says he/she wants. Mostly I wear whatever coat is on top of the clean pile. I've got white, black, red and green. I've got one(1) boss that likes everyone in black, that's why I've got a black coat. A coupla my white coats are 10+ years old. They've got a very nice "stain patina". My red and...
OK. I think I'm gonna puke.
Rick ... Nobody needs to read any minds. You just need to read and comprehend the posts. Nowhere did I say anything about "sharpness". It was all based on the point that I have/use very inexpensive knives. (They just happen to be very sharp, but I said nothing of that.) I took offense at the comment (wisecrack) following my post:I returned the cracking wise with my (rhetorical) question/statement about how does any dish taste any better when prepared/cut up with...
Mano, since we're being so direct and sharp here (no pun intended) I'll be happy enough to explain what I actually said, since it appears that you have reading and comprehension skill difficulties. I know all about "sharp knives". My point had noting to do with "sharp knives". My point is that all things being equal, "sharpness" and such,  the cost of a knife has nothing whatsoever to do with the quality of food put on a plate. The guy using a $1000 knife, made by any...
OK. I'm working on understanding a concept here. Maybe someone can help me. I do understand things like spending your own hard-earned money on whatever it is that you like. Easy enough. I also have a good grasp on the idea of everyone being entitled to their own opinion. Yeah ... I know and exercise that one well enough. I'm very curious though, if there is some way, I mean there must be because so many people speak like it's religiously carved in stone, to make food taste...