or Connect

Posts by IceMan

OK. I'm not necessarily claiming this to be correct ... but I think, ... if you swap out the corned beef for turkey, it's a "Russian Reuben", and I'm pretty sure ... if you go with pastrami and cole slaw it's a "Rachel". Still yet, if you wanna go off the tracks Bohemian, you can use BBQ-sauce, and call it a "California Reuben". For Me, the classic, don't mess w/ the standard recipes sammiches, are (in no particular order) ... (drum roll please) ... the Reuben, the Monte...
OK ... What is creative? Here is the French Laundry menu: http://www.tkrg.org/upload/fl_menu.pdf LOL. You gotta pay $295 just to sit down. Creative? Now, picture Me, and a half-dozen homeless people, all sitting on stacks of milk-crates waiting for the Food Pantry truck to show up. I don't really know what will be unloaded on this given day, but I do know that I've got to feed +/- 100 people with whatever comes off. Most of the time I'm working with < $300 worth of...
Who's definition of creativity does anyone use? "Creative" is an interesting word. A lot of things are defined from vast multiple points from where anyone stands and from what direction they are looking.
WOW. Easy.
semantics . /səˈman(t)iks/ noun : the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning. colloquial . \kə-ˈlō-kwē-əl\ adjective : used...
"CHEF" is just a vocabulary word. We work in kitchens ... It ain'te rocket surgery.
I just found that there is now a box-mix for "Red Lobster" buttery-cheesy house biscuits. I just made ... and ate, a batch. Someone please, say something nice about me if these are the last thing I eat. TIA.
Whereas I don't work as a commie, I never wear an apron either. I'm kinda built like "Pooh Bear". An apron makes me look like a short "Sergeant Schultz" in the kitchen. .
LOL. I was in a suburb of Chicago. Someone earlier mentioned this very same hamlet. Picture if you will, a place out of "Goodfellas" or "The Sopranos". But with real mob guys, not those New Jersey mooks. I cook there every so often when enough wiseguys want real eats, all as a group. I do for 20+, not 1 or 2. The dish-'o'-the-nite was meatballs over fried angel-hair pasta* w/ ricotta cheese and a mix'em-up of sautéed eggplant/zucchini/sweet peppers/onions ...
WOW. I said in a post before how I generally do this, but here is my standard "Tomato Sauce". Yeah, I know, it's Bohemian and blasphemous in all regards to traditional Italian sauce. Yeah, I know, you all are gonna bust my chops for this. But still, this works every time. It never gets any complaints. I used this just last night cooking in a mob place. A coupla guys said they wanted my recipe. LOL. I refused telling them they just had to pay me to cook...