or Connect

Posts by IceMan

That is a really decent standard recipe. Try running a small knife around the sides of your finished pan. This will make sure the sides don't stick.  Then let the pan sit in another shallow pan of warm water for a minute before inverting it. This will make sure the caramelized sugar will be released from the flan.                 "We work in kitchens ... It ain'te rocket surgery."
Call yourself anything that makes you happy. You can call yourself the "Queen of Sweeden" if you like. Whatever it is is whatever it is. If your product is good high-quality stuff ... and you produce and sell a lot of it ... you call yourself profitable. If not ... you call yourself unemployed.    Trust me on this ... I'm not being a snotty wise-cracker. I'm just saying that all we're talking about here are vocabulary words. They mean a lot to some people and little to...
I don't know about the UK ... but the U.S. military provides an absolutely competent culinary program. It's also so easy that you don't even need to think. You do things the way you are told ... and you do them correctly. It's a beautiful thing. It's such a beautiful thing that whenever I had spare time, and I didn't need to sleep, I'd spend it in the mess hall where I could do stuff, when I could. When you get out, which you shouldn't do until they force you, you'll be...
WOW.   I don't get this at all. But that's Me I guess ... I roll kinda funny. Catering for Me was NO Pressure. I get/got to do every dish MY way the way I like it. I knew/know when it has to be on and I can take as long as I like. NO freakin' pressure at all. Of course now I've probably never done the size jobs as chefbuba or Chefross. I'm sure the pressure/stress is related. The most I do/have done is 200 people.
Good explanations ... AG.      I too ... was just giving my opinions. I won't at all argue with what you've said.
Sure ... good stock ... OK.  I was explaining the peasant idea because for MY $$$ I'm not dealing with any old, mean, nasty, next in line to die roosters, like the peasants did. I get no love or passion of cooking from using goofy ingredients like rooster ... when very nice high-quality on-sale chicken is available. That's just ME I guess ... I'm not doing it. The "romance" of this dish ... to ME ... is doing it cheaply with mostly what I have on hand, or I can get with no...
Hey ... I'm happy for you. Do whatever makes you happy too. You asked a question ... I answered your question.                         "We work in kitchens ... It ain'te rocket surgery."
WOW. This thread makes me feel like such a hack. I use boneless thighs ... and I only marinate for three(3) hours. I don't make my own stock ... It's too much work and too expensive when you can buy quality stock in any good store. Please don't preach to me that you all can tell the difference ... because I don't believe you.      That "rooster" idea only is because the people making this dish ... a PEASANT dish ... were dirt poor. They used the oldest, meanest, next in...
Do you think your "people" are going to take any better care of this new unit than they did of the Hobart?!? I didn't answer your original post because all I would buy would be a Hobart. YES, they may be expensive to fix. For $800/day, I'd find someone else. If treated properly however, I don't think anything beats a Hobart. That's why almost everyone has one. If the people abusing them are not the people using them ... I would have those people pay for the repairs. That's...
LOL.   Crack me up!                Thanks Brian.