or Connect

Posts by IceMan

Welcome to ChefTalk, CZFlies. Don't wait long for an answer from Tramble. That post was a year ago and the only post ever made by that person. Before that, the thread is another year older. Don't worry about it. This happens all the time. The 2 guys who really know what they're talking about may very well come back to the conversation. If I had the $$$ to buy a new stove ... I'm going with the Bluestar.
Go to Portillo's and buy a coupla chopped salads. On the way home, stop at a good grocery and buy some really good sorbet and fresh fruit to go with. When you get home, cut up the fruit and put the salads in your own bowls. Serve up the sorbet w/ the fruit and you're good to go. I've never wasted the $$$ time and effort on a "first dinner" because it never really made a difference.
Any given Global knife ... a "great" knife ... Seriously?!?I can't wait to hear about this.
"Good" knives are very sharp ... "Great" knives are very very sharp ... and Yours.
Chicago is the most nationality-isticly diverse city in the world. I just happen to be Chicago-American. I cook really good eats ... the French cook stuff with goofy names. "haricots verts" vs. "GREEN BEENS". Case slosed. I gotta take it seriously easy on the libations after Saturday nite. I make a lotta $$$ cooking for parties on the 4th. Better safe than sorry. STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.
NO my friend, I didn't "tell" you anything ... I just "explained" my point of view.We are "reasoning" (GF1 reference) with each other, through simple polite conversation.
LOL backatcha my friend ... You make my point right here.As both an instructor and FUTURE TV STAR, I find it important to use simple ordinary words for goofy over-the-top French things. i.g.: "French pie crust" and/or "French tart crust". Now being that I am a PROFESSIONAL, I have NO difficulty admitting that I had to go look up the crusts you mentioned. I'm familiar with them and can produce them just fine. I just use simpler vocabulary. At least 2 threads we have here...
OOOOKKKKKKKK ... I gotta run out right now and pick up a 'script for my wife. But let me tell you ... You (Fablesable) and I are throwin' down but good when I get back.
I'm not busting anyone out here ... but why use words/names like "pate brisee" and/or "pate sucree"?!? What regular home people are familiar with that type of vocabulary? "French pie crust" - "French tart crust" gets the point across a little easier I'm thinking.Now if you've just gotta know this stuff ... here:Pâte BriséeIngredients:2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon sugar1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces1/4 to 1/2 cup...
Yeah well ... I guess there is that. Into the oven ... in-between spreading in the paste and adding the pecans ... for 20 minutes @ 350*. Then 20 more minutes after adding the pecans.