or Connect

Posts by IceMan

When I got my first "Head Chef" Job I had to walk 6-miles in the snow uphill both ways every day for a 5:30 am breakfast of 300 lumberjacks, each with a food item allergy of one sort or another. We had no gas or electricity much of the time so I had to cut, split and dry the lumber for the stoves all by myself while my 62-yo prep-aide did what he could before the crowd got there. Many were the days when their payroll was held up so I had to cover their credit until the end...
OK chef69, here's an answer to your first "?" (I hope). "Confit" is simply saying ... "... to cook something in oil; or sugar, for some items". Now to me, "garlic confit" is either cooking in oil flavored with garlic, or cooking garlic in oil. For the first, easy, smash the ever-loving bageebies out of a nice bunch of roasted garlic cloves, then run them through the blender in the oil until you can't tell there is anything but oil. For the second, a little more...
Very nice suggestion chef69. Nice entry post to ChefTalk. However, just a thought here, the last post before yours was April 18, 2011, over three(3) years ago. LOL. Don't worry though, you are not at all the first poster to reply to a really old thread question. I've done it numerous times.
Good luck getting wait-staff to share their tips with you. I hope you the best, and I'd love to be wrong, but I'm thinking not a snowball's chance in Hawaii.
Google: recipe for Zippy"s Chili from Hawaii Cooking Hawaiian Style Kaukau Time! (Zippy's Chili Recipe)
Sorry. Here is a whole thread for you all: "CHILI" Recipes ... Post'em Up - Show Us What 'Ya Got Here's my recipe (feel free to rip it) 3# small cubed meat of choice (I go w/ a cut on sale) 3# ground 85% meat of choice (it doesn't have to be the same meat) 1 coffee cup chili seasonings (shook up to the bageebies in a Gatorade bottle w/ 1 beer) * Don't balk here. I get the stuff from a guy I met on the Air Force base in Alamogordo New Mexico. It's authentic stuff,...
I'm not sayin' ... I'm just sayin' ... How are you a "Professional Chef", in need of a recipe for “chili with meat” (chili con carne)?!? I kinda think this is something like "Cooking 101". Chili Con Carne
I'd take her there in a second ... if the place is really good. Pre-arrange that the staff doesn't treat you like another employee. There is nothing cheap about taking a date to a place where you get a deal ... unless, of course, that place is "Wendy's". If the date is not any good, it didn't cost you big. If she really likes it, you can turn it into something good. "Yeah, I'm glad you liked it. I'm the "Head Chef" (or whatever).". Don't however, make anything out of your...
I must have missed the memo. That happens a lot, unfortunately, at my place. When did sous vide ever become "fast"?!? TIA for the help here.