or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by IceMan

The CIA is the best for everything/anything whatever. End of story.
We do "Fusion Cuisine" at my place every Tuesday after "Meatless Monday" and before "Prince Spaghetti Day". It's actually just the regular menu, but we play really bad jazz-fusion from the mid-late '70 for background music. Usually men come in wearing leisure suits, and the women have really big hair. We have no candles on any table so as not to chance the whole place going up in flames. Good luck with your new fusion ideas.
The method I just put up in post-#22 was from Cook's Illustrated / America's Test Kitchen.
There is a way/style/procedure to sorta do that. Start with a nice thick Porterhouse, the King of steaks. Dry it off as well as you can. Coat it, both sides with a 50/50 mix if salt and corn starch. Put in in your freezer, on a raised rack, for 40-50 minutes (NO longer). While you are waiting, get your grill as hot as possible, cover closed. When you pull out the steak, put it directly on the grill and close it a fast as you can. Depending on thickness 4-5 minutes....
Americans eat lots of stuff. They also get jokes/wisecracks. Cooking a steak shouldn't need the expense and/or complication of needing stuff like ghee. Good spelling correction/edit.
WOW. I stayed away from this thread because everyone disagrees with me and nobody believes what I say anyway. I do steaks inside with a cast pan all the time. I have a simple vent. My kitchen windows are almost always open. Steaks are at room temp seasoned with olive oil and worcestershire sauce, Webber's Veggie Grill and Chicago Steak. Pan is screaming hot. I just pre-wipe it with some olive before putting it on; kinda like seasoning the pan. In go the steaks. Depending...
OK ... More education. LOL. 8-10lbs. WOW. We're not talking "dinner for 2" I guess.
I've never used teres major, but from what I've seen, you grill it up just like and other steak. I would season it my standard way, let it sit for a while then grill it up. I trim-out hangers very closely. That makes me rather slow. +/- 70% is just garbage, the other 30% can be kept and ground into a very mice burger meat. Since I have no grinder I cut that 30% down as much as I can. All in all we're not talking lots of meat, I'm just a geek. Steak for 2 in a large salad...
I love me the bageebies outta hanger steak ... but the trim-out for enough to feed 400 people will be no fun at all. ... That being said, I'm not familiar with teres major, but I'd probably still go with it. Ready-to-go pre-trimmed hanger is not at all cheap.
Drink lots of alcoholic beverages while you eat. Make it so that anything bad can't live in the same environment with the alcohol.
New Posts  All Forums: