or Connect

Posts by Gabs88

I just wrote a long reply which my stupid mousepad-bug managed to delete for me ;P But in short, any of the knife brands you've picked out manufactures truely good knives. And on the handle side of things, picking out the right for you is impossible for us. You have to go out and try the knives yourself for that   And im pretty sure you'll adapt your technique to the new lightness and  sharpness of a knife pretty fast.
Prepwork on the eels, in general there's just several small details i've never seen before there
Truely found this episode very interesting ;)   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUsAkkCvJZU&feature=related   And slicing eel at that kind of a tempo is just unbelieveable!
I may sound like im here to reccomend vulkanus to everyone but really, im dazzeled by how good it is and after owning and trying several different electric and manual ones im just glad I found my charmer.. Still keeping leather strop and sharpening stones but I dont really feel i need em
        Yeah, that sounds like a very good set indeed. Add in a leather strap though   I can allso easely reccomend a Vulkanus sharpener, im still amazed by the fact that my left arm is completely hairless after playing around with a knife i sharpened with it :p   Oh yeah, and a leather strop is just another peice of leather!! You can get it at any kind of hobby store, dont go buying some dedicated knife strap :p
8" Global G2 here, and I love it. If you like the steel and thin blade but not the handle, you allso have the GF series which has a 8" chefs knife aswell. that one is more similar to MAC Professional with dimples. All 3 are excellent knives   And one think im noticing here, there's a lot of converts from European to Japanese knives, but not the other way around. ;) Except for my stupid roommate chef which has had pretty much all the japanese ones allready and now...
Boker Vulkanus gives a far better using edge then either Minosharp or Chefs Choice.. Personally i've only tried the professional models but the cheaper models seems to be buildt on the same principle so would easely reccomend those aswell.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF-XC5SHEm0   It's somewhat different from any other sharpening system but it just, works!   A shortlist of the sharpening systems i've tried   OBH Nordica Electric Sharpener (A Global...
I'd NEVER get a Victorinox chefs knife. Simply put, it's NOT a good knife. Fibrox or Rosewood it's all the same, you cant possibly claim to have that perfect control you want when for instance dicing an onion with it.   If on a budget, get a MAC or if youre head is all screwed on the wrong way. A Wusthof or similar   That said, Victorinox has a ton of solid knives like paring knives or flexible knives. Cheap and serves their function, their bread knife is allso...
Make a big deal out of it :p And find someone willing to pay for the publicity and exclusivity of having it served at their dinner or party.   I personally believe it's kindof easy to make money at it, because you appeal to a completely different customer group then what you ordinarily do. The people willing to pay 10000 USD for a night with a model, 5000 USD for a beautiful chefs knife or spend 25000 USD on champagne in a single night. Now when you throw a party or...
Wusthof sure as hell didnt, and their Rockwell is not 58 it's 55 to 57. Globals is 56\58 and Shuns is 61.   Now I have been working in a kitchen store for a few months now where we have all of these knives in store. Im not a professional chef but I live with professional chefs, talk to chefs and sell to chefs on a dayly basis, allso met up with 2 of the CEO's of Shun in Europe a few weeks ago when they visited my shop. Even though the OP has probably bought his...