or Connect

Posts by SweetsGalore

Dear Feebs,   I have reached out to contact some students at OB, yet I have not received any answer. I will update you as soon as I find out anymore information.   Sweets Galore
Hello TheUnknownCook, Those videos are amazing! Thank you for sharing, its always great to see different opinions, better yet, some eye catching youtube videos!   Sweets Galore
Hello Soon2beMccarthy,   I am so glad and happy to hear something positive from this school. Are the chefs the same for the FPA program? I feel as though , having recently been signed with JWU, ENSP has standards to live up with for the JWU students, therefore, better curriculum for JWU students. There will always be kinks in schools, but there must be something seriously going wrong within that school for other students to feel so disappointed. It may be different...
Hello Yellow Flamingo! I am so glad to hear you started a thread on going to schoo for pastry arts. I was able to contact students through facebook. The schools have organized groups and I was able to send messages to fellow students who have the same passion and strive in patisserie as you and I do.   I was so happy to see Feebs reply. I was confused on how long I wanted to do my program, and if I were to stay in the US I would choose Johnson and Wales University,...
  Hello Feebs, Thank you so much for sharing your research. OB sounds very very intriguing, I might just look more into OB. I am very split on my decisions to whether I want to spend my time in a program for over or under a year. However, thank you for sharing notes. I am now going to narrow it down between Johnson and Wales or OB. The main decision will mostlikely depend on the experience in France or US. I'm thinking France though now that you mentioned that there will...
Feebs:   May I ask where you are from? I have some schools that I have researched in the US as well as France.   I find ENSP crossed off my list mainly for the reason that the students from the previous programs had told me this school is unorganized and are not fully equipped. From what they said, it is exactly what whoopie had stated. Gas problems, light problems, water system problems, and equipment problems, as well as not enough equipment for the amount of...
Hello to all, After months of stressful and tedious research I have decided to visit France before making any crazy decision. I just want to find one that I will absolutely agree on for the reason that I am invest alot of money into my career and if I go to school, it needs to be a great one. So far, GF is one I will visit when going to France, I spoke with the students, the school, looked into everything that can effect my attitude and motivation and made my final...
Whoopie: I have written on a forum in regards to ENSP. Lately I have researched many different schools in France and ENSP was one of the schools I decided to research. Over time of research and contacting students who have finished with the programs in the 2 month winter and summer programs and the FPA program, I find myself crossing ENSP off my list. I hope they improve over time as students are losing motivation. No school should have that effect on students. I love...
If you are looking to travel and gain the experience of being a different culture/environment, then I highly recommend going to another country. Going to school in France is the place to be for learning French Pastries. However, I highly advise looking into a school and getting opinions from culinary/pastry students from a particular school that you choose, rather than letting a school's website, or a school staff member dictate your choices. The opinions will be bias....