or Connect

Posts by ken bo slice

this thread is sad. Get out of my industry you people are the worst part of being a chef!
I've always done 3-1 kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. But at my new job its closer to 7-1 with with a small amount of dried oregano, garlic and onion powder. Not sure how I feel about it but that's what they do... 
Gastrique, that's it thank you. Chef talks quickly, I new how to make  a l'Orange sauce, he had me make one with pine apple for a shrimp taco it was awsome.    Again thank you. 
What is the name of the technique that combines sugar stock vinegar and fruit to make a sauce or glaze. Thinking... a l'Orange.    Thanks
Not sure how it stands to "pro chef" or "on cooking" but Ive got the ACFs Culinary Fundamentals book, and besides some quirks in the recipes its a pretty comprehensive read on the kitchen. It covers equipment, techniques and quality kitchen habits or practices. I also recommend "on food and cooking" it is a incredible source of knowledge. 
Some of the things that wet my apatite...    Mid-rare black and blue strip steak w/ Ithaca Nut Brown   Eggs Benedict w/ Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout   Bratwurst and sauerkraut  w/ Saranac Adirondack Lager    My personal favorite is Buffalo wings w/ Dog fish head 90 IPA
Id say be careful with that sort of thing, its a hot topic right now and its easy for schools to grab student with that kind of thing. A small program might simply be a better investment, you can learn all that stuff from businesses and being in tune with the movement. Good luck though.