or Connect

Posts by radleycooks

But I think in American dining especially, there has been a real resurgence of people to eat "poor people" food. On the other hand, it could be for the same reason that I love legumes, cheap! I've just recently started making legumes a much larger part of my diet and let me just say, 1-2 dollars worth of any legume, 6 bucks in some poor misunderstood cut of collagen rich meat, will feed me every day for a week! You just can't beat that kind of flavor for value....
Fear not the tripe! Properly cleaned and prepared I almost guarantee you'll love it, especially if you like other types of offal already. I live in Southern California and let me tell you, tripe tacos at a good taco shack is a revelation.    Brains on the other hand, not my favorite, I like all sorts of creamy things, but just couldn't quite get into the texture of any variety I've tried thus far. But hey, if i get the chance to try them prepared for me, I'm not gonna...
 Haha. Filets well done should be ordered "why bother."
we usually do a little bit of grill bricking every time we get a decent break in tickets, keeps it nice all service. Of course we have a HUGE staff, so thats damn near impossible for most kitchens. 
I've had several Shuns for over a year now and they all seem to do me just fine, I do resteel about once a day but i think its mostly just to make me feel better.   I have to say I LOVE the D shaped handles on the standard Shuns, they really make a big control difference.   I've done a lot of sushi so I did get myself a few of Shun's higher end knives specifically for that, they're really heavy and very very sharp, but my primary daily use knives are the shun...
Last year, on most Wednesdays we would have a lady and her husband come in, always with a reservation. He would order off the menu but on the res book it would always notify us under special requests "blue fillet" for her.   This is what she was looking for: about 30 minutes before their reservation time we would pull a fillet out of the lowboy, toss is on a sizzler and leave it out on the counter. When we got their ticket in we would fire the husband's order and at...