or Connect

Posts by Gareth

What I have found is that the thickness of the cut is the key point of difference between a good steak on the bone and a bad one. Boneless steak can be cooked to suit the style and like of the client, but no matter what,,, some part of a steak on bone will disappoint most of us....from a theoretical point of view I would never challenge the theory that meat on the bone tastes better, but I would definitely challenge the fact that it cooks better. Meat on bone is...
I like the rectangular shape 3/4 x 1/4. It's not as cost effective as 1/4 x 1/4 but it allows you to get lots of sauce if your dunking, holds the heat longer, and looks quite good in just about any situation. I also have seen 3 Heston fry potato chips 3 times all at 130*C, the last fry was quite long about 12 min from memory, but as benway suggested it was just to add colour.
You could try this, Use fatty topside mince, pepper corns, a bit of molasses is best or maple syrup or caramelised brown sugar and heaps of Bay leaves. Darken the mince then add a tea spoon (or so) of white pepper return to heat for a short time to activate pepper. Tip boiling water onto the mix and set aside for half hour (take of scum). Drain the water into a dish. Repeat the cooking of the meat then repeat the process but add more flavour.   It's a fast, way of...
I've stored mine a few different ways 1. Wrapped my knives in roo leather. Start wrapping with the least used and every roll add a new knife. Loved storing this way and if it wasn't for the fact I have 25 knives I would still do it now. When you pulled out your knife strope it....sharp 2. Knife block but I didn't like it because it was too inefficient and only stored 5 knives 3. The magnetic strip. Call me overly suspicious but I reckon it changes the quality of...
Chicken does smell, but I have found that you can make the same ingredients smell better or worse. Roast (doesn't have to be long as you only need to heat up the skin and fat layer) the chicken de-glaze and into the stock...no smell. Simple rule Don't bake don't boil, If you get boiling you will get smell.   Skins generally make things bitter, but potato skin not only makes things bitter and cloudy it also adds an earthy flavour to the stock....it's not an earthy...
A hot smoked bacon (marinated in sweet soy sauce) sandwich with slightly burnt onion and some of my Nanna's plum sauce.   Followed by cold LEMON DELICIOUS PUDDING and vanilla ice cream.   Followed by a butterscotch schnapps. 
Well it's an interesting story and refreshingly, unlike most others that I have heard. Being afraid of the unknown is nothing new and making decisions that you'll regret later is some thing all of us do. If you value money then make it your priority, finance as a career is some thing that will give you financial independence, an unrealistic view of the world and an opportunity to make choices.   If you have choices then you are in an elite field so don't waste them....
Maybe some seconds stores and and on line auctions.
Just another tip, every thing is razor sharp and super clean, any residual and you have problems
You can buy a simmer mat (ring) from any decent cook store. Cheap and very handy. They are really only any good for domestic use though. It gives you a "half gear" for want of a better term.