or Connect

Posts by sweetie pie

*deleted*
If you can swing it, go with All-Clad. I regret buying another high-end line of cookware. The cookware I bought is no where near as responsive as All-Clad. If I could start over I would buy All-Clad. I had dealings with their customer service and they were fabulous to me. i plan on adding pieces as the need arises.
Thank you for that recipe. I will save it for the time I try making chocolates! Thank you! I'm so glad your pie was so appreciated. It makes me very happy when my baking is appreciated. Actually, it is motivating. My favorite way to spend an evening is to eat light meals in front of the TV in the living room and watch a movie. Soups would the perfect comfort food for an evening like that, followed by something just baked. Yum! Sophia Loren's book looks very...
Hi Happy Cooker,Thank you for the links! The truffles sound fun to make. It would definitely amaze people to eat a home made chocolate. Everyone bakes but chocolate candy, now that is unique! How did the apple pie turn out? I hope you try that frosting. It is really great. I'm planning on making one of Extraordinary Cake's recipes this week. I'll tell you how it comes out. I know I will be using that chocolate frosting for cakes from other books. It is so...
Hi! That site is A-mazing! Wow! Thank you! I was watching The Chew yesterday and they made chocolate chip cookies using chips which look just lie their "Bada Bing Bada Boom Candy Melts".  And, as you said, it is packed with information.  Thank you very much!! They have a lot of interesting recipes I just have to try.   My husband likes pies too. Me, not so much. I guess making pie crusts is something which takes practice. I have a lot of practicing to do.   Yesterday I...
I don't shop on line. I only shop in stores. Sorry.
  Hi Happy Cooker,   I have to find out if my mother-in-law has the Pillsbury baking book you mentioned. She was a big fan of Pillsbury and gave me one of her old books by Pillsbury on cooking.   Hahaha! I know what you mean! Once you have something good quality, it is hard to go back. That is how my husband feels about the cakes I bake him. He was an avid fan of all those packaged baked goods. My house had back-ups for the back-ups. It didn't matter how much I had...
Hi Happy Cooker,   I've been here but not as often as I would like. The holiday has taken it's toll on my computer time. I'm looking forward to some quieter days.   You are further ahead than I on Extraordinary Cakes. I only looked at the pretty pictures and read a few of the recipes so far. Now that Christmas has come and gone, I hope to have time to try one of those magnificent cakes. As I mentioned, I was thinking of baking the sour cream cake and perhaps...
Code: Hi Happy Cooker, I am sorry I didn't respond sooner. For some reason, I am not getting notifications of responses. I am very glad you like Plenty. Thank you for recommending Extraordinary Cakes. I bought the book and I love it. It is an amazing book. Those cakes are fantastic! Even if I only use that book for ideas, it is well worth having it. I plan to bake the cakes and the frosting to start and workup to all the other components. Thank you very much. I,...
Hi! I recently bought Chef Bo Friberg's "The Professional Pastry Chef" edition 4. For many of his cake recipes, he suggests using a 1 quart tube or kugelhopf pan.     Can anyone tell me where to find this pan?  Most small bundt pans are 6 cups.   Parrish magic makes a tube pan that measures 7 x 2.5 or 8 x 3.75. Would either of these be acceptable?   Thank you.