or Connect

Posts by Chef Torrie

@KaiqueKuisine I must have been typing while you were posting. Great post. I think you nailed everything you said. I didn't want to come off as a d bag either and let the wind out of his sails, but it very well may be the best option. It's the only viable option that I see. However, as I ended one of my previous post; @Cook1st, I truly wish you the best of luck no matter who you decide to do. Ill never wish failure upon any of my peers. I do think, though, you know what...
@ChefLew, I have been reading and have wanted to say it, but haven't because I didn't want to sound like a jerk, or seem 'mean' to OP, but I couldn't agree with your second to last paragraph more. I don't know how as an exec it was justified to both walk out mid shift one day, and then on another occasion with both regular service and a pre-fixe party going on thought it was a good idea to take the day off. I believe if ever , everrr did something like that, I'd be canned...
Billy, thanks so much for your kind post. It really means a lot. And you really were dead on in your post. It's just crazy how sometimes you can find yourself miserable somewhere you never thought you'd be miserable, and then become truly happy somewhere you'd never expect as well. In the beginning I loved working in the big name restaurant with the big name Chef in the city. It was everything I always wanted. And at the time, looking back, I was happy at first. I was...
I can't lend you too much input because I have never used this maker before. I will say it is a different looking knife though. Kinda cool
Thanks for the input guys and gals. I know what I want and need to do, so I'm just going to do it. And @Phaedrus, I appreciate it. And we definitely do put out some kick arse food. I definitely believe we have the most different, creative, fun, and of course delicious :0 menus not only in our town but also surrounding towns. I'm so lucky to have awesome customers (for the most part of course) that aren't afraid to branch out and try different things. It's an awesome thing...
Your safe. Everybody is safe. Nobody got sick. There was never any danger of anybody getting sick. Stop worrying yourself!
I'm with iceman. This thread has me baffled. If I ever walked into a kitchen with stuff like this posted, I'd walk out. Establish yourself man. Don't let a piece of paper try and do it for you. Verbal, written, termination? Cmon. He's been late how many times? Can his a$$ man.
To the OP, @Cook1st, your ambition, curiosity, openness and willingness show me that you will, one day, with some more training, knowledge, and work under an EC who has been there and show you the ropes a bit, one day be a great Chef. I have to say, I'm with @ChefBillyB on this one right now. Tom Brady was a 6th round quarterback, yes, but Tom had at least been playing ball for most of his life. Cook1st has been working in a professional kitchen for less than a year. And...
Lol, I'm a little confused, and not sure if that's supposed to be a good image, or a not so good thing. But I guess I'll take it! Lol definitely no checkered/ houndstooth pants for this guy. And I'm in Central Connecticut these days, but not too long ago I was in the city lol. Not on the roof in checks and a beater hitting golf balls though. And I have brewed beer before, but not in a while!
I'm changing my menu next week,and deeply want to put a hamachi crudo on the menu. I'm just not sure if I have the right customer base. I'm the Chef at a new, hip, craft beer gastro pub. You know, the kind I used to loathe. Meh, oh well, that's where an opportunity landed me, so that's where I am. Anyways, I've ran sushi specials and theyve sold, I've also ran ceviche with product more familiar like fluke and shrimp. Hamachi isn't cheap. I just don't want to drop the ball....