or Connect

Posts by cacioEpepe

FrenchFoodie says nothing about fresh tomatoes, so I'm rolling with my opinion in regards to canned.  Here's my process for a tomato sauce for the home.   Decent olive oil.  A bit more than you might think.   Slowly toast a garlic clove or two in the oil.  Add your whole tomatoes (I like Muir Glen or Alta-Cocina) with juice and gently crush with your hands.  Should be nicely smashed, but doesnt need to be perfect.  Salt and pepper.   Cook on medium heat until...
I generally agree with 3/8ths, but perhaps my idea of "throwing under the bus" is different.  Sure, I would have never tattled on someone to my chef because of something they did or didn't do (within reason).  But I do think its important to call colleagues out face to face if they are doing they are not supposed to. Some people would say thats throwing someone under.     Yes, you take the blame for something even if it wasnt you....once, maybe twice, then its up to...
This when Google becomes your friend, but I did find this although they are only available in all black.   http://www.allheartchefs.com/ah16370.html
    Heirloom tomatoes, red and yellow watermelon, serpent cucumbers, pickled onion, smoked paprika vinaigrette.
Chicken cacciatore         
http://www.villagevoice.com/2010-06-15/restaurants/kitchen-ink-chefs-talk-about-their-tats/1/
  Mos def.  Although I'm sure in 30 years this will be a normal practice....
  I'm not one to be offended easily, so this is something I find really cruel, insensitive and just plain mean.  You telling him to 'fix' his disability is like me telling you to change your eye color and then telling you that you can't roast a chicken because your eyes are blue. Owning up to an overcooked fish is entirely different than having a learning disability.  Get a clue and don't be a p****.   Maybe you should be doing some research on the "Code of Honor" yourself.
Pretty interesting.  Never thought about personality types and our line of work.  According to this test (and how I'm feeling today) I'm an ENFJ, representing about 2% of the population. I think the results are very on point.  I'm very sensitive and want to please everybody, mostly dislike conflict, and love social situations. Here's what this site says about ENFJ managers.     ENFJ managers Very charismatic Pay a lot of attention to their subordinates’...
Being comfortable doesn't mean you're happy.  Like you said, this is a craft. A craft that is always evolving.  One may not make more money somewhere else, but it might further their craft.  Chasing the money in this industry might make you temporarily happy, but if youre not completely, or nearly, content at the job, the money doesn't mean that much.  It would be safe to say that most of the people in restaurants don't like staying idle.  We like to move about, see and...