Posts by kaneohegirlinaz

I am SOOOOOOO making this one MK!Now, my sauce of choice would be this onehttp://www.nohfoods.com/original-hawaiian-bar-b-q-sauce-20-fl-oz/they make a spicy version too, vary tasty and worth the price tag.In fact, geez, I have all of the ingredients on hand... homemade meatballs in the freezer as well as BACON, sauce in the pantry...this may be appys for our next potluck-get-together with our dear friends, they're vegans, but wth!!   DH and I will enjoy them...
 DUDE!Party on Wayne 
This was dinner, actually, the other night ... it's a party at our house every night        Trader Joe's Soft Pretzel Sticks, heated and split open.   I oven roasted some fresh Bratwurst sausages from the butcher's case. Slather the warm roll with the mustard of your choice; add some of Trader Joe's Sauerkraut      What's better with a brat than TOTS!!            There's homemade Tartar Sauce, made with Kewpie Mayonnaise (ya gotta try this mayo!) for...
  L.A., what're NUTS?  My younger sister lives in la la land, we've only been to visit ONCE!  I thought forsure we were going to be killed on your crazy highways. HA!   Mom lives in the San Joaquin Valley, so that's a little less stressful, and I can take home as much produce as we can use, well I do share a flat with Mr&Mrs Dear Friends.     Mimi, I would love some Meyers, but geez, it's an 18 hour drive Email me next Fall and we'll work out the details 
Mahalos FF, thanks for that, citrus is so lovely
WOW!  What a great challenge, thank you @MillionsKnives for the great subject matter and the host-with-the-most! (oh and thanks for the props, I had fun)   Guys, everyone's contributions to this month's challenge where (channeling my best JJ Walker) DY-NO-MITE!!   @Jimyra go for it dude!  Challenge us!  Can't wait to see what's up your sleeve ... 
 BAHAHAHA!!  
Mahalo, thanks guys. Who'da thunk that a 8X8 pan would yield so many tiny little bars of goodness   [crumby photos, I haven't got our under cabinets lights in yet]   I HAD to share a small plate full with our new neighbors,  before they went bad  DH said that they were so rich, he could only eat 2 pieces in one sitting (I cut them in 1X1 squares) @teamfat, it's just too bad that you and Karen don't live closer,  I'd come over for a cuppa and share a plate...
Lovely everyone, simply lovely!   I had some more Meyer Lemons left so ...   Meyer Lemon Bars     Shortbread crust that's parbaked     Meyer Lemon Juice and Zest, along with Sugar, Eggs and Flour     Whisk well     Pour the filling over the hot short bread crust       Bake, cool and chill for two hours. Top generously with powdered sugar and slice ENJOY! Not too sweet, not to tart, just right... yummy!
Carne Asada Platter, MMM!     Marinade:Fresh Meyer Lemon and Orange juice, Chile Powder, Chipotle Chile Powder, Oregano, Cumin, Coriander, Garlic, Shoyu and Onion. Marinade a Flank steak for a day and a half, grill, assemble, and EAT!.  Not the best photo, but boy-howdy it sure did taste good with an additional squirt of Meyer Lemon on top.   Fellow players are grilled peppers, scrambled eggs, lettuce, shredded cheese, pico and guac...oh and some tortillas to hold...