Posts by kaneohegirlinaz

Miss KK, this is so simple.1/2 cup Seat Saltthe zest from 2 Meyer Lemons approximately 2 Tbsp. Fresh Thymegive it a whiz in the FP to the coarseness of your likingplace in airtight containers (I like Masons jars myself)and this will last in a cool dark cabinet indefinitely  Missus DF tried it on her broiled Salmon as well as in some Guacamole  [photos courtesy of my guest cook Mrs.DearFriend] She reported back that she really liked in the Guac I myself have not tried my...
I haven't made this for some time, mostly because I didn't have a home   Now that we've finally gotten settled into our new home and my new kitchen,  I broke down and purchased a REAL water bath canning outfit.     I've been patiently waiting for the Meyer Lemons to come to the Green Grocer. I made 2 batches of Meyer Lemon Marmalade, one with sugar and one with an artificial sweetener for my Mother.         I used the same method     but this time NOT in...
I know this doesn't count, `cuz I made this for DH's birthday last year, but I was so very happy with the results that I got.       Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie Homemade Meyer Lemon Curd; then with the whites, made the meringue; piped it out with a large open star tip Gorgeous, even if I do say so myself (and very tasty I might add) 
  I found these Ball Brand Dry Herb Jars with a shaker top, I thought this would be perfect.     Meyer Lemon and Thyme Infused Sea Salt The smell in the house was intoxicating!     As I jarred up the first batch, it struck me, these jar lids are NOT airtight, this won’t work.     That’s okay.  I transferred the Salt and labeled them. Food As Gifts I saved a jar for my own pantry, and I'll be grilling up some Salmon I think, in the next few days...
UUUUUHHHHHH! I just got some Meyer Lemons from the Green Grocer today (I've been waiting for awhile... hoping that @flipflopgirl would be sending me some from her tree ;)  ) ... Now I have THREE ideas! MMM, now wait FOUR! Good call there MK!
@pdcooks congrats !! Hosting a Challenge here at CT is exciting to say the least, but made more so as you are new to the fold, GO FOR BROKE! I love mushrooms, and growing up in Hawaii, we would go hunting for Pepeiao or Wood Ears, MMM! http://www.kumuainafarm.com/collecting-wood-ear-pepeiao-mushrooms-in-hawaii/ We don't have many `shrooms in the Islands, but these are one of them, and VERY Ono (delicious in Hawaiian) in so many cultures culinary concoctions.
Mahalo, thanks @summer57  you were a great host this month! @rpooley good on ya mate!!! I look forward to November's Challenge
@Mike9 man, where's the mustard? looks good braddah!   we had some bucatini with pancetta, shallots, pine nuts, olive oil and fresh sage (the sage in my window garden is going crazy, gotta find ways to use it, quick!), of course oodles of grated cheese, along with some fresh ground black pepper,  DELISH!     lastly, a flourish of fresh parsley of more color on the plate
Butternut Squash Pasta Bake     (not one of my better photographs of a dish, but...)   cooked Cavatappi pasta roasted and diced Butternut Squash diced and browned Pancetta with Shallots loads of fresh Sage leaves from my window garden some milk and Parmesan cheese freshly ground black pepper toss gently, place in an appropriately sized casserole dish and top with some fresh bread crumbs and more cheese (maybe a bit of butter, but shhhh we don't tell...
  Mahalo, many thanks guys!This is one of our favorite appetizers and like to said, I make it often.It's pretty AND it tastes really good!I was told once by a gentleman who's son now owns his Italian Delithat my Stromboli was better than his son's...WHAT?!