or Connect

Posts by kaneohegirlinaz

Well, having grown up on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean,  a party was when someone got out their big cooler, a chair, some tunes or an instrument (an ukulele or guitar to make your own music) went into their carport out front, got themselves comfy, the rest of the neighbors came over with their cooler, chair and some sort of music. Someone else brought over the charcoal grill with some of the fish that they just caught on their boat,  another guy's got...
GUYS! The month isn't over yet... we've still got all day today, and then 4 more days... still no dessert @flipflopgirl eh-hemmm! AND another veg would be great!   @teamfat  I missed that , 2hour pasta HA!   @eastshores whatcha got, whatcha got?   @Nate braddah, you know that you can submit more than one dish, right    @GeneMachine I kinda figured on P-D's bread being on the table as well , what type? I was thinking a nice dark bread with a dark beer? OH MY! I...
I like that @chefbuba , one foot on the floor at all times! I like to have everything DONE by the time folks arrive  at our house, and this may be a good point for @TheDavidTerry seeing as you don't have a co-host so to speak, or HEH! Co host with another guy and trade off who's house it's at and then who's doing the cooking  who's 'minding the guests' ... food for thought 
How about activities for your little one? If he's going to be cooped up for a long period of time, it'll most likely safe your and your husband's sanity  As to cooking, I like MaryB's idea of clean out the `fridge kinda cookin' `specially if you lose power. You're a great cook Miss KK, I'm sure that you will be able to feed your family with what you have on hand. The markets will probably be out of their goods for a while too, so...
I agree with everything @Koukouvagia said. I never think twice about how I'm going to entertain guests.  Folks go to someones home for a dinner party, (it is a dinner party right? not a themed party, or a Bridal/Baby Shower with games?) with the idea that they'll mingle, chit-chat, have a cocktail,  have a nice meal and go home.
@Koukouvagia now's your chance to slow cook up a storm,  what with this storm coming your way! Then you can also use your new fancy camera too... 
@GeneMachine I simply love beans! Did you make that Salt Pork your self? I can just smell it now... what did you serve along with that ono~lious bowl of Boston Baked Beans?
@petalsandcoco mahalo, thank you for your kind words; I hope you feel better soon Lamb, Ham and a nice Italian-type meal, Beautiful. I'm going to to have to try candied Ginger on on Ham the next go around.   That Lamb with the roasted garlic cloves squished over it at serve must have been bliss!   And you know how much DH and I eat pasta,  I'm so happy you had me in your thoughts as you ate that wonderful looking dinner.
Braddah  @cheflayne you neva when know dat? we learn something everyday ...   dessert tonight is yogurt parfait (look back in the photos here, I'm sure you'll see it), we're back on our diet, I mean different way of looking at food cycle..
10-4 dinners? Well,  who else has a Slow Cooked Dish?