or Connect

Posts by kaneohegirlinaz

I really like @BettyR's recipe for the perfect yellow cake,  so I tried to incorporate it into a liquor cake  .... UMMM ... well ... it didn't quite fly right. Oh well back to the drawing board I guess.
@butzy I like that pic too!   @ChrisBelgium great looking rabbit dish   @penguinette-de lentils and sausage soup with a homemade bread, a meal fit for a king or queen in this case   @eastshores I love the back story to your Cabbage soup, oh and the soup too, just wanted to reach through the  laptop with my spoon.  What else did you serve besides that exquisite bowl of deliciousness?   @durangojo I give a toast every night at cocktail hour to the beautiful, smart,...
    chicken enchilada 
I don't necessarily look at food trends, we eat the things that we like. I kind like that the 'experts' feel that fat will make a come back,  I think that would be great, getting kinda tired of pork with so little fat on it,  AND what ever happened to REAL butter? The stuff on the shelves tastes nothing like it did when I was a kid. That "I can't believe it's not butter" stuff is awful  
I am so very fond of freshly baked breads
@GeneMachine and @penguinette-de I'm so excited!  I don't think that CT has ever had SO's in the Challenge before This is getting GOOD!!!
  Now Mary, I hope that you will also add the photo of that Hot Roast Beef Sandwich as well.  and I think you may be right about that cut of beef that Gene used as what we would call Tri Tip here in the USA. Costco carries nice Tri Tip roasts.
@GeneMachine divine! simply divine, now, was there bread too to mop up that broth? 
NEVER is a nice pork roast pedestrian mimi!(oh and that list of MIA's was mine, I hope to see them here soon  )and HEH! where's dessert!?
@MaryB what can I say? That Hash took my breath away.   (ooh, with a perfectly poached egg on top, now that would put me way over the top, like a mainland-style Loco Moco :drool: ) I am such a sucker for a good plate of Beef or Pork Hash and NOT from the can thank you very much.     DH and I recently went to breakfast at a new 'Mom&Pop' joint in town and I asked if the Corned Beef Hash was fresh hand cut, "oh yes ma'am, everything is fresh here"  NOT!!  It was that...