or Connect

Posts by kaneohegirlinaz

We've been invited to the home of our dear friends and we will be doing a potluck as well. I'm not sure yet what dish Mrs. DF is assigning me as yet. She's not a cook, so she'll provide the libations 
 This is an Okinawan Sweet Potato, which is very popular in Hawaii.Simply boiled whole, chunked and served with Hawaiian foods, such as Kalua Pork, MMM.
My husband actually found this article on Yahoo Food and forwarded it on to me.   https://www.yahoo.com/food/30-qualities-of-a-good-home-cook-011745013.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=ma   I thought this was great! The only thing, I don't like doing dishes, but I do them anyway.   Well, more like I fill the automatic dishwasher and have convinced my husband that he needs to put all of the clean dishes away  
Right @jake t buds ?  Anything with BUTTER is A-OKAY by me    The weather turned last night and snow is in the forecast, this calls for more soup! But what to make? I went freezer diving and found an opened bag of shelled Fava Beans, HMMM. Now I know I saw some Pancetta in there too. And look what else I found, just a little bit of chopped Baby Spinach.   Minestrone Soup     I gathered some dried herbs as well, Thyme, Basil, Oregano and Parsley (don’t judge...
  My husband and I are waving good bye to Summer with  a beautifully grilled New York Strip Steak,  as well as grilled Asparagus and Baby Bella mushrooms,  oven roasted Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes and dessert will be those sinful Hawaiian Sea Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Brownies with chopped Pecans
Agreed Miss KK!!I made dinner with the squash last thursday evening for dinner and the soup was for lunch today, November 3rd.Repurposed leftovers if you will.
     Hawaiian Sea Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Brownies with chopped Pecans MMM!
First let me say, congratulations Jake!    I love soup and it’s just about that time of the year, at least here in our neck of the woods.     Recently, I purchased a huge hunk of Banana Squash, which I think is WAY better than Butternut.  It has a much sweeter, rounder flavor than the standby Butternut Squash.  I wait for it every Fall with great anticipation. I roasted it in the oven with loads of melted unsalted butter, basting it every 10 minutes or so, until it...
Some folks purchase food products to fit their budget and/or family palates, such as  Hot Dogs for that picky little one who only eats Red Hot Weiners and boxed mac-n-cheese. That frazzled Mom just wants to get something in her kid, no matter what the WHO says.   Our youngest niece ate only that for the first, oh, maybe 18 years of her life. Then she went away to college and discovered Beer and Pizza.    When I did watch "19 Kids And Counting", the meals that they...
How about a Pumpkin Crunch?I'll be making that next month, I like it better than Pumpkin Pie.