or Connect

Posts by kaneohegirlinaz

@wlong it doesn't have to be tomato based... what about using green chile sauce instead? just sub the tomato sauce for a can of green chiles, like ortega, a mild chile, give em a wiz in the blender... that's a winner at our house
@SandSquid what about the food truck or food festival scene? anything there in Memphis?
Gene, I LOVE shopping for food! I'm one of the strangest gals around these parts, I don't go shoe shopping or clothes shopping... take me to a thriving market and I'm over the moon! My husband says I get this crazed, glazed look in my eyes, I don't hear or see him... he just finds a bench and says, "I'll wait for you here"... did I say recently what a great fella I've got?
FABULOUS!
oh my gawd Gene, you just melted my heart!  add a dish or sour cream (I'm a dipper) and a beer...real beer not this stuff they serve here in the States ... 
interesting, I've only had German Potato Salad, hot ...
@teamfat WOW!  That sounds fabulous!  If you go this next time, photos and a book report, please? 
@ChicagoTerry I haven't been to Chi-town in a LONG time, but I was taken by my friends to a number of different places to try an assortment of foods from around the world, Greek, Polish, Persian, there was one more I can't remember for the life of me, so I guess it didn't leave an impression on me
@dreamshards8 I loved the foods in Portland (Oregon, right?) great place, great food, great beer, great people... even if they do have webbed toes   @Cerise SoCal is a fav of mine (my Mom's from there), NYC is nothing to sneeze at either
Aloha, Welcome to Chef Talk.    I’m sure that you’ve already found that the membership here is from all around the world, with skill levels varying from Professionals to Home Cooks and everything in between.   Feel free to join the conversation or start your own relevant thread.  A note on that though, folks who are not employed in the food industries are asked to read only in the Pro-forums.   You might want to utilize the Search bar at the top of the page, as...