or Connect

Posts by kaneohegirlinaz

@teamfat yummy lookin' noodles man! @butzy you're turning into a baker, girl!   speaking of lasagna... handmade semolina sheets and a meat sauce, some cheeses,  and ...       we like thick-ish pasta, it's great cold for breakfast! and mjb, the KA attachment is fabulous! well worth the investment
I think I saw this on Cook's Country (part of Americas's Test Kitchen),  I dice potatoes (we like Yukon Golds) and place them in a bowl,  sprinkle with some water(approx. 1 Tbsp.), cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for about 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Heat a skillet over medium high heat with a fat (I use rendered bacon grease) crisp ths potatoes to the desired doness
I'm sure I posted this somewhere at CT over the past three years... 1 Hot House or Long English Cucumber, diced skin on1 Tbsp. Coarse Salt (I use Sea Salt)* 1 Tbsp. approx. Noh brand Kim Chee SpicePlace the diced Cucumber into colander, I use my salad spinner for this recipe.Sprinkle with the Salt, stir and leave for 15 minutes, no longer than that though.Rinse the Cucumber well; drain, this is where the spinner comes in handy. Give it a whirl and continue.Place the...
Hmmm, (if there is any) leftover meatloaf as a sandwich? A store brand white hamburger bun (the cheap one),  a good schmear of Best Foods (Hellman's) Mayonnaise,  a load of shredded Iceberg Lettuce,  oh yeah, COLD meatloaf sliced not too thick
       LOVE meatloaf! but I don't use a loaf pan... when I make meatloaf, half is made as meatballs (with added stuff), frozen raw for later and the other half is roasted on a tinfoil lined sheet pan,  covered in thick cut BACON. When the bacon is crisp, it's...  DONE! LET'S EAT!
@phatch you beat me to the punch! I was just thinking this afternoon about making Green Corn Tamales and serving them with  fresh salsa, YUM! We still have some nice sweet white corn here in the middle of the desert.
So here we are getting ready for Christmas and New Year’s celebrations, to me this means making cookies galore! I have so much fun each year making Ginger Bread people.     I always look for Organic Unbleached All Purpose Flour for baking. I follow a recipe I found in the inaugural issue year of the Food Network Magazine. I also followed the recipe for Royal Icing, using Meringue Powder, so easy.
This past Summer, we moved my Mother back to her hometown in the San Joaquin Valley,  nicknamed, the Fruit Basket to the World. We took an adventure one of Mom's favorite orchards,  and purchased a case of assorted stone fruits. This is what was left by the time we got home again. I didn't want to waste a bit of these beauties,  so I made a Nectarine Upside Down cake,  following David Lebovitz's recipe.   
 @petalsandcoco this is how I make My Malloreddus, it's really alot of fun.I was watching Lidia Bastianich on her PBS TV program awhile back, found the recipe, and pit my own spin on it.It was very well recieved at our table.
Great idea MaryB, that's kinda what happened with the mushy potatoes,  it was just was a messed up soup, but still edible