or Connect

Posts by kaneohegirlinaz

... questions are 'a good thing' as my girl Martha says, you may want to utilize the search bar at the top of the page, as CT has been around for almost 15 years and SO many topics have gone around the world 100 times... A Hui Hou  (as my user name suggests, I am from Kaneohe Oahu Hawaii  )
oh and I forgot to say @pineapplesticks ALOHA!  Welcome to Chef Talk, you're gonna love it here!
... I heat my oil in a small saute pan along with the garlic and red pepper, throw in the pasta, toss, plate, top,  EAT!!! I am not the biggest fan of red sauce, it does always agree with me, but I can eat garlic til the cows come home. a note, when I do the brown butter, I add a touch of olive oil so as to make it not so, I don't know, child-menu-ish 
Not sure where you are located, but Spring is here in the middle of the southwest desert of the USA.   What about a fresh herb pesto?   or a beautifully fruity olive oil flavored with roasted garlic and a pinch of red pepper flakes with a flurry of flat leaf parsley to garnish?   brown butter and fresh sage leaves topped with shaved parm or pecorino?
I went to the Wilton website and the discussion forum suggests that for Red Velvet Cake to use what the recipe calls for. In other words your recipe calls for liquid color and should we try it with the paste, we may be taking away needed moisture  and adding in bitterness from the expensive paste; they recommend to save the paste for decorating in stead. That sounds logical to me.
Ya know @IceMan none of us had a problem with any of this until it came to the absolute end. When the vet told us what the heck was going on with the ME, we just found a way around it, as with the DM. I insisted that NO ONE make a big deal about it around him and be to encouraging and supportive towards him; he just accepted everything in stride. He knew that he had to eat 'his' food (I made special meals for just him) a certain way and then had to be 'burped' to ensure...
Braddah @cheflayne what would think of a fire roasted red pepper sauce, a bit on the spicy side?
@French Fries. Could you share your wife's recipe? I have some dried shiitakes I the pantry I think would be Ono~licious !!
Uh, what type of sauce? DH dislikes bread pudding, but me, I think I could make a small casserole with ........ What?
  or a whole chicken?  maybe add some bread crumbs, stock to moisten... maybe even add some other veg you have on hand to the stuffing mixture?