or Connect

Posts by kaneohegirlinaz

@Steve TPHC beautiful meal!       smoked b/s chicken thighs glazed with Noh Hawaiian BBQ sauce
      I say that at Costco here in the middle of the desert, I wasn't sure what it was, but I was thinking something like Flank... should excellent for fajitas, tacos too.   oh and @Lanikaigirl ALOHA! WELCOME to CT from your neighbor in Kaneohe! 
Today is our anniversary and I wanted to make a special brunch for us. My hunk-o-husband has been requesting pancakes of late, so, Let me think… hmmm … I have a touch of my homemade Chunky Apple Sauce left, as well my last jar of Blackberry Jam I got the berries when we went to visit with my Mom, who lives in the San Joaquin Valley, “The Food Basket Of The World”.  The BEST produce I have ever had! I made a BIG Chunky Apple Sauce Stuffed Pancake, topped with...
I’m still on the low/no carb diet, I mean I’m looking at food differently and so tortillas are still out of the question, for me anyways, DH, well he can eat what he likes, within reason of course. I made up a batch of Taco Seasoning and stashed it in one of my glass spice jars just for an occasion as this, our supper last night:     I slowly poached some b/s Chicken Thighs in some aromatics; we all know that this turns out to be a two-fer with a gorgeous broth for...
@Captains what's the "sauce"?
Did someone say Sushi?     KappaMaki or Cucumber Sushi rolls MMM! I don't "season" the rice too much, DH does not care for vinegar all that much,  but I do place a schmear  of Wasabi prior to the Cucumber, we like the litttle guys, one bite, of course one needs a sauce of Aloha Brand Shoyu and Wasabi!       Then for the other portion of our Chinese (lunar) New Year celebration,  I tried my hand at Shumai. These are ground beef, water chestnuts,...
  Lumpia ground chicken thigh meat, browned, into the food processor for a fine texture shredded carrots and cabbage bean sprouts (mung beans) Lumpia wrappers (sorry, store bought) roll 'em up REAL tight refrigerate overnight  deep fry at 350 til GBD sweet chili sauce for drowning them in! MMM! of course I needed to do a quality check... we don't want to poison the other guests, HA! This is perfect for the Pre-Super Bowl Party we're off to... I prefer...
Nope, sorry folks, HERE'S our winner! Stuffed Cabbage I lined the bottom of the pot with the stray bits of cabbage, shredded, along with 1/2 c. chicken broth,  homemade of course steamed the cabbage leaves and removed the tough, thick ribs The filling was simple: 1/2 lb. 93/7 ground beef onion sweet peppers celery smoked paprika allspice garlic s&p roll, tuck, into the pot seam side down crushed san marzano tomatoes on top bake, covered at 375 for about...
For me as a home cook, I don't think that I would use a product as you describe either. I use paper plates, dishes (I try not to though, `cuz I don't want to be washing a heard of dishes), soy sauce dishes (very handy btw for smaller sized ingredients such as 2 minced garlic cloves or spices) or I just use my large cutting board and divvy everything up.  
Gee, it seems to me that I could just put some Better Than Bouillon in a cup,  pop that under my Keurig and dispense hot water ... and spend a heck of a lot less money