Posts by Planethoff

After seeing this, I thought about shipping some to you, but the expense to get it to you on time was a bit too much.  oh well.
I would recommend using grape seed, canola, or vegetable oil instead of olive. I personally use grape seed oil.  Olive oil is too strong a flavor.  Your choice of mustard makes a big difference too, so experiment with a few different brands.  I just use grey pupon.  Another trick is that like hollandaise, it comes out way better when done by hand.  It's a lot of work, but IMO worth it.   I'm not a big fan of mayo, but have grown to really like it when I make it.  Still...
@frankie007 - I agree with others above. Nothing says Fourth of July like hamburgers and hot dogs. (Sorry for off topic rant, but I have to ) But, being from the Philly area and a true connoisseur of cheesesteaks, I have to disagree with Pete that Whiz is the most authentic cheese. Sure the horrible tourist traps Pat's and Geno's may have invented them, but most Philadelphians do not go there. There are literally thousands of places that make them in the Philly area and...
They don't "need" to be toasted.  It will just bring out a better flavor.  Like roasting pine nuts for pesto, or spices for curries, etc.  It will be much richer and nuttier.  Just make sure not to burn them.  Then it will be bad. Try both ways.  See for yourself.
I'm with Chef Brah.  Only thing is he didn't state amount of sesame seeds, but listed 3 tblspn oil.  I find the trick is just adding a little oil at a time until desired consistancy.  Also, I use grapeseed oil instead of olive, but other than that, spot on.  However, I doubt you will be able to get 5lbs of sesame seeds into a home food processor.  Might have to do batches.   Perfect for hummus or Tahina sauce for shawarma, etc.
@MillionsKnives   Thank you very much.  I knew I could count on you.  Your response made perfect sense and I think the propane wok burner is the ticket.  I was misled into believing that I could get a better heat from the grill.  Also, you make a great point of so much fuel for such a short cook.
 I thought about that method, but was definitely worried about stability.  Also, getting the heat up the sides.  For  $35-40 worth a shot right?
UPDATE:.  Staff has been overhauled. The main culprit was terminated along with a few others.  Seems to be running much better.  Everything is on the up and up and the line of customers goes out the door again.  Very happy to have my favorite place back as an option.
As I was looking over some stir fry recipes, I came across this grill grate for my Weber kettle grill that has a removable center that would seat a wok fairly perfectly.     https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/gourmet-bbq-system/cooking-grates-13   I did a little more digging around and saw that this could be the closest thing to an actual Chinese restaurant wok system as it would sit almost directly on the coals and have the open sides to allow the heat to...
Well, this challenge has taken on a special meaning for me. Last night my wife's hometown high school won the Minnesota AA state hockey tournament. Grand Rapids Thunderhawks 2017 State Champs. I made a big pot of Sausage and Peppers for the game. Was too excited to take pictures of finshed product, but have some prep and leftovers shots. I cooked hot and sweet Italian sausage in oven. Used sausage drippings to sauté red, green, yellow, and orange bell peppers, onion and...