or Connect

Posts by Planethoff

I can't begin to describe the experience of having a true mission burrito. I love all Mexican food and have travelled all through Mexico and the Western USA, but the SF mission burrito is something to behold. It is the reason the relatively bland and boring mission style burritos have stormed the country.BrianShaw gave you a good start to the concept with that link, but I will add this one and repeat his statement emphatically. Go try one! I would literally fly across the...
Back in the day I use to live off of mission burritos. Would have at least 5 a week. Cancun and El Farrolito changed my world. Seeing Chipotle, Moe's, Qdoba, etc so popular is nice, but I feel so bad for people who never get to experience "The Real Deal". But, with the gentrification of the mission district, time may be running out for that experience.
Congratulations Summer 57. Your entries were amazing and inspiring. Well deserved.
Margaritas come in all shapes, sizes, flavor, and states of matter. And I would drink any of them. My favorite is a good tequila with gran marnier (instead of triple sec), and fresh lime juice over ice in a salt rimmed glass. No sugar. In a 3-2-1 ratio. Not too tart at all
Congratulations @morning glory   Looking forward to bread competition, should be fun!   @chefbuba - Thanks for hosting.  I liked the topic.  I haven't made a casserole in a long time.  The tater tot was good, but the Cheesy Chicken Broccoli rice was killer.  I also would love to have tried Morning Glory's Shepherd's Pie.
I finally got to making the Minnesota signature. Tater Tot Hot Dish. I forgot the celery and my version does not have weird canned vegetables. It was very good, but the plated dish not very photogenic Started by chopping some white mushrooms, tossing in oil, garlic, parsley, and s&p. Roasting at 425 for 35 minutes. Pulsed in food processor Made cream of mushroom soup with roasted mushrooms, roux, veg stock, heavy cream, nutmeg, s&p Browned ground beef, carmalized...
I make a modified version of my wife's family recipe. They hail from Grand Rapids, near Deluth. I will probably make it tomorrow.I'm in Florida where even satan asks for some AC. I agree more of a winter dish, but hey, makes my what's for dinner decision way easier.
I think all of the advice above is pretty spot on. I hope it comes out great I know this changes the game entirely, but what are people's thought of doing it with a turkey?
Looks tasty @Jimrya. I am a big fan of a darker roux. Where did everybody go? I was going to bust out the tater tot hot dish for MaryB. The only decision is using pre made tater tots or not. I was planning to make them from scratch, but my wife (who is from MN) says to use store bought. We'll see
Carbonara is not really a dish that holds well. My advice would be do something else. If it has to be Carbonara, I would make a station for it, have your Mis en place proper and you would need same time as omelette station. I would recommend using fresh pasta for best results. You can pre cook dry pasta and shock to reheat on demand, but you lose a lot of the starch on the surface of the pasta.If you are stuck with Chaffer only pasta dish, I would seriously consider not...