or Connect

Posts by Planethoff

A great way is to brown it on direct then move it to indirect. Just use higher temp to cook and make sure to pull off at proper temp. You can probably pull off at 140 and rest until 145. But it will not pull like pulled pork. It will slice. But still be very tender. Good luck and if you have any questions, you hopefully know where to go
 I think this is getting all blown out of proportion because of semantics and traditional technique.  It is obvious from your posts you understand the difference between grilling and BBQing.  So far, so good.  The problem comes down to your choice of cut for the BBQing.  Pork Shoulder (aka Boston Butt) is best cut for BBQing  (which I think you used, albeit a small on, but you did mention tenderloin and roast which are different)  It has enough fat content that you can...
All over Spain, but mostly Madrid.  And yes boquerones.   We would eat them on bagged potato chips.  Yes vinegar, olive oil, lemon.  I was saying I have tried to recreate here and not the same.  I believed it to be quality of the oil.  Could be vinegar too, but I was thinking oil.  and always have them with a caña , or ten :)  At first the salt level knocked me over, but once I got used to it, I really quite liked it.  (I bet my heart wishes otherwise now)
@koukouvagia. When I lived in Spain, I remember eating anchovies on potato chips all the time. I have had a real hard time finding a comprable product here in the US. Yli can get the fresh sardines easy. It's that fresh pure olive oil that it is soaked in that I would have to mortgage my house to buy around here
Eggplant Parmesan. Haven't made it in years. Delicious, but way heavier than I remembered
Fred Flintstone's brontosaurus steak
I just got exposed to Victorian Trout Conspiracy. Pretty fun stuff
You are right and I was taught to make it with guanicle, but like you I prefer it with American thick bacon. I said panchetta because I prefer texture and it is more acceptable to purists. and easier to find than guanicle. I don't hold it against people for using cream. I personally don't, but if you like it that way, go for it. Just like when people make Alfredo with cream cheese This is the one I did for the December brunch challenge
I disagree with rinsing pasta. It washes off starch that is needed for sauce to stick. And the way I do it, you need the heat of the pasta to cook the egg.They way I do it is, have the browned panchetta in pan, add cooked pasta, (reserve some pasta water) remove from heat. Sprinkle cheese over pasta and pour well beaten egg over cheese then toss to incorporate. The cheese creates heat barrier so egg doesn't scramble. Very creamy and velvety. Can add pasta water if necessary
I'm not going to be able to get that char siu out of my mind for quite some time. I will probably lose sleep tonight thinking about it. Yum