or Connect

Posts by tasunkawitko

Phatch -   Sincere appreciation for your classy move of sharing the link above; I had intended to modify the opening posts of my "deleted" threads with links (similar to the way I modified this one), but time and family issues got away from me, and I neglected to do so; apologies to all ~   If anyone comes across any of my old posts, and wishes to have me insert the link as I did with this thread, please shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to do so.   Ron
x
x
Ordo - gonefishin's post does make good sense; the glace is something you add to a dish to improve it, so it's probable that you wouldn't need to salt the glace at all, and simply add it to the finished dish after adding the glace. the choice is yours, but if you do add, only add a very small amount.   good luck - and if you have any questions, just ask ~ let us know how it turns out, too!
x
no worries - i'll keep that in mind for the future, although i often find links to be helpful when i am reading the posts of others, as i can easily access information about the product.   as for this topic, please feel free to modify it in any way you feel necessary in order to adhere to the TOS, and also please understand that no breach was intended.
i agree taht your concerns are valid, and i don't see any troubles with adding a little salt at the beginning. i would recommend a small amount, because as you can see, that large pot of stock reduces down to a dish that is porbably 8 x 8 inches and an inche deep. based on that, i wouldn't add much, but a half-teaspoon of salt (or possibly a full teaspoon, if you are a salt-o-holic like i am) should not be a problem.   this is just a guess, since i've never made it...
sorry, phatch - i meant no disrespect to the TOS - however, the question was asked, so i provided an answer.   this is only a "promotion" in the sense that i tried the stuff, i liked it and i believe in the product; i found rich to be a very gracious, stand-up guy and wanted to "spread the word-of-mouth" about his product as he is on the verge of taking his product to the next level in the context of marketing and it never hurts to have good reviews - especially if...
say, everyone - thanks for your gracious replies - i hope that it is of some use to the folks here.   ordo, i definitely encourage you to give this a try - i imagine that it would be wonderful using the outstanding beef from La Argentina. if you have any questions about the ingredients or method - or if you have any translation issues from english to spanish, please let me know, and i'll do my best to assist.   ron
kuan -   if you're referring to the mad hunky rub, i know most of the ingredients, but since rich is trying to get a dang good product into the market and i do believe it is worthy, i'll stick to the two main things about it that i like:   a) he uses genuine hungarian paprika, for maximum flavour   b) he keeps the salt (filler) to a very strict minimum, in order to let the other flavours come through.   he also has a salt-free version of his rub, which i...