or Connect

Posts by Anna Banana

I have no idea. It certainly wasn't buried deep enough to be 10 years old. But I do wish the OP had more recipes.
The last time I made tiramisu I froze it for an hour to firm up. That way I had nice clean cuts.   Honestly, I would never use anything but mascarpone cheese. The substitutes just don't cut it. But then, I tend to buy it at $3 for 8 ounces.
I used to live in NC. Where are you located?
Which boxed recipe are you using? I sometimes have that problem myself due to the high calcium/mineral/arsnic content of my tap water. Maybe yours is a similar blunder? Try using bottled water.   Also, how old are your cake mixes? Maybe you just keep picking up old boxes from the store?
I recently made this one and it turned out pretty well. I'll be making this one again. I originally got it off the back of a package of lady fingers (and it's also on allrecipes.com)   6 egg yolks 1 1/4 cups white sugar 1 1/4 cups mascarpone cheese 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream 2 (12 ounce) packages ladyfingers 1/3 cup coffee flavored liqueur** 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting   ** I replaced the liqueur with 4 shots...
Could they be using a danish dough? That's what we use at the coffee shop to make our chocolate croissants.    
Guys, as a LJ user myself, I have to mention the url is still turned around.   http://ioldman2.livejournal.com/   The user name is before the livejournal.com url.   In the meantime, I've been browsing through and a lot of them look great! My only problem is none of them (so far) have serving yields listed. :-/
Part of me wants to agree with the posters that said "Don't take the position" and another part of me wants to agree with the ones that said to do it. Personally, I hold the "Head Cook" position at the coffee shop I work at (they're trying desperately to become a restaurant and I'm trying to convince them otherwise) and don't particularly like it. Maybe your position would be different, mine gives me no freedom to do what I want to do.   I'm going to bite the bullet...
I've worked at two bakeries with no experience. The worst that could happen is they think you're over-qualified for the position. As for the difficulty getting hired; I can't tell you. If you're planning on staying in Omaha, it depends on what the city has available to you.
Like FoodPump, I use a chef's knife. I put my batch into the freezer for a little bit to stiffen up (but not long enough to freeze). That way I get clean cuts. I've tried using one of those big cheese knives but it's just so awkward.