or Connect

Posts by colombochute

@durangojo   To answer your question, "harina" means "flour" and and "masa" means "dough", so "masa harina" would mean "flour for dough", which most probably fits your needs...
    Hello Margcata. Not sure what you mean by Pastisser? It doesn't exist in French, and sounds more Catalan to me?   The ancestor of the word "flan" (however it was spelled in the past) used to refer to some kind of cake, more precisely a gallette or crêpe. You get the idea...
I started to take your survey but unfortunately I had to stop as most of the questions are not well designed and many cannot be rationally answered. I would suggest you to review your questionnaire as otherwise it will be difficult for you to correctly use the resulting data... That's probably not something you like to read but better be honest with you guys.
Mark, this thread should answer your questions:   http://www.cheftalk.com/t/61905/chefs-restaurants-who-still-use-mother-sauces   (BTW, it is Mayonnaise and Vinaigrette)  
Hello Denis,   Peanut oil is virtually allergen-free, provided it has been correctly refined.
Always difficult to make this kind of assumptions. A good way to go around this problem would be for you to built 3 different scenarios in which the variable would be the number of customers, and derive a different Profit and loss analysis for each of these scenario. One of these scenarios would be your "base case" (the one you believe is the most likely), another one your "best case", and the last one your "worst case". This way, you will get an idea of how much your...
You mentioned there are several places to rent in the area for other restaurants and cafés. Don't forget to take into account that you will probably have to share the hotel customers with several competitors, hence making 300-500 pounds every morning could turn out to be a bit optimistic. Just my 2 cents.
If it can make you feel better, in France remoulade usually DOES contain Dijon. Actually, using whole-grained mustard is a tasty but much less common alternative...