or Connect

Posts by deepfryerdan

I don't mean to  steer the thread in a different direction but have you considered using a food processor?
I'm trying to find "mild flavor molasses" for a barbecue sauce recipe that I found. I do not know where to find such a thing but more importantly I'm not familiar with any brands of the stuff. So what should I look for and will my normal grocer carry it (eg Kroger, Walmart, Meijer)?
I'm not saying the calphalon stuff is bad, I'm just saying there are better options out there. I think 90% of the cookware sets out there have far too much waste in them - especially for the price. I stand by my advice to skip the set and buy piece by piece.
Sounds like you should drop the calphalon prepackaged setup and keep building on what you have (this is just my opinion). Those tri-ply have an aluminum core which is no where near as good as a copper core. I had an aluminum core pan from a restaurant supply store, it was no good compared to my copper core pans.   I think you're on the right track.
I found this at allrecipes.com: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/doubletree-hotels-cookies/detail.aspx   Ingredients 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter 1 1/2 cups white sugar 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 4 eggs 3 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 cup rolled oats 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 teaspoon lemon juice 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 3 cups semisweet...
Our July 4th was pretty basic. Hamburgers, hotdogs, corn on the cob. July 3rd, however, that was fun. Hamburgers and hotdogs (with homemade buns), potato salad, broccoli salad, baked beans, pasta salad, and of course ice cream. Good day.
If you could only have one knife from your roll/block of knives, which would it be?   I know some of us here have way too many knives and others have already streamlined their collection. Knowing your basics can be refreshing when a new challenge arrives and that extends to knowing which knife you respect the most.
100/hour? That's really moving!
It depends on your level of cooking.. I usually try to convince others not to buy the sets of cookware because there is almost always something in there you don't "need." That's not to say you wouldn't use it, but you could easily do without it. I have a calphalon stock pot that I was given before I got married. It's a good pot and has even heat distribution. 4 out of 5 times, though, I use my restaurant grade stock pots over the calphalon pot.   I think you would be...
We make these when we go camping; here's that recipe: 2 potatoes, cut into wedges/fries 3 tbsp butter 1/4 cup parmesan cheese 1 tbsp seasoned salt -Make a pouch out of foil and spray with cooking spray -Place potatoes in and spread the rest of the ingredients over the top of them -Seal the pouch and place on indirect flame for about 45 minutes