or Connect

Posts by dimples3130

I hope you like the recipe.  Share with us and tell us how they turn out and if you tweek the recipe, let us know.  Now I'm hungry for these!  Since the weather has decided to turn into winter AGAIN, these sound really good.  :)
I was wondering if anyone has ever made homemade tortilla chips?  I had killer ones some time back at a party but neglected to ask the hostess just how she made them.  Only learned a bit from one of the other guests.  They were made from corn tortillas and fried in a skillet I know and had some sort of seasoning on them...Northwoods from Pensky's I believe.
Having a graduation party for my son's HS graduation in a couple weeks.  I am going to buy a decorated bakery cake for the main table but plan to start baking and freezing different flavors of cupcakes to serve on the table (on a pretty stand) instead of sheet cakes.  I need a light, fluffy frosting that I can tint in different colors.  Any good recipes that you all know of?  Something that I can pipe on would be good.
Hi all-   Hoping to get some great ideas from all you great cooks out there.  We're hosting a HS graduation reception at our house for about 150 people.  It will be a come and go type reception.  I plan to have the food indoors and have plenty of seating indoors with overflow to the patio area.  Our menu plan is for pulled pork and brisket, baked beans, party potatoes (cheesy potatoes), an assortment of salads, veggie trays with dip, fruit platters with dip, cake,...
I would just make a recipe of "Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes".  They are supposed to hold for something like 2 weeks.  I like the flavor of them better than regular.  I can look for my recipe but it doesn't have milk in it....just cream cheese and sour cream.  Let me know if you are interested in the recipe.  
Hmmmm I'd not thought of that but my hubby would love it. He throws jalepenos in everything. I will have to give that a try.
Two additional things. I added some cheddar cheese to a few of my sandwiches. One recipe called for mozzerella or swiss. I guess just try different types and see what you like. I have a batch in the oven right now! I rolled my dough a little thinner so got 13 outta this batch. I also cut my salt sown a little and added some celery salt this time. My youngest son begged me to make more as his brothers, who no longer live at home, came over and pigged out on them all. Lol.
I would be glad to but you must know my cooking style is "by guess & by golly" so I'll try to be as accurate as possible. Filling: 1 lb of ground beef 1 medium onion, chopped Brown the ground beef & onion together until beef is browned and onion is translucent. Drain grease & add the following: Half of a large head of cabbage (4 cups maybe?), chopped 1 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper (maybe a little less) 1/2 tsp garlic powder 3 T Worstershire Sauce Mix all together & cook down...
Thanks for the link GourmetM. I couldn't wait of course for a reply (too anxious to eat one) so went online and printed off several recipes and studied them this afternoon. I combined 3 recipes and came up with a pretty darn good tasting end product. My 17 yr old son was my taste tester and told me when he thought my filling was right. I made 10 large sandwiches for 6 of us and they are all gone. Thanks again for the link.
I have been online looking for a good recipe for a Runza-type sandwich (cabbage/beef in a bun).  Does anyone have a good one that tastes like the sandwiches found in Nebraska Runza restaurants?  I ate them as a kid and remember how good they were.  Thanks for any help you can give me.