or Connect

Posts by GourmetM

If your friend lives in New York City, there's a place called Macaron Parlour that's been in business for about a year now. By the way, one of the two founders studied at Atelier Pierre Herme de Formation a la Haute Patisserie. I've read good things about this place, but there's one drawback: they only deliver in New York City. Here's their contact link anyway, should you wish to inquire further. Who knows what might happen?   http://macaronparlour.com/contact    
Just wanted to say that I think the name Melonius Funk is great. It's got such a ring to it, you don't even have to know who Monk was. And if you do know, all the better. I can just image people saying they're going to the Funk!
Hi YummySpice, glad you popped in! I know there are others on this site who also work in nursing homes, so I bet you'll have a lot to share. I'm always struck by the variety of people who come to ChefTalk--all interested in culinary ideas. I've learned a lot here from the different forums, the articles and the reviews. I hope you will as well. Welcome!
20% of the net. Like thetincook, I overtip if at a reg. haunt.
Hi Miccru. A search of  the ChefTalk repertory provides a number of posts on flan many of which include recipes. I hope this link will help you!   http://www.cheftalk.com/search.php?search=flan
Rough black pepper or peppercorns might put a zing back into your bacon. Have you tried that?
Left4bread,   Lemon-scented oven cleaners smell less foul, I've found. They're still toxic, and they still smell toxic; it's more a matter of what smell you can stand.
Hi Sharlene, While I can't participate in your ethnographic report, I'm sure there are plenty who can, and I just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your project. Sounds interesting!
If your oven is growing hair, sounds like you're in like Flint!
Hi Johnny P,   As you love talking food, let me be the first to say: you are in very good company here! New ideas, techniques and trends, old ideas, tried and true methods and traditions--ChefTalk is alive with a super-abundance of all of the above.   If you need help navigating around the site or have questions about how the site works, here is a link for you to use:   feedback@cheftalk.com   I look forward to learning from you. Welcome aboard!