or Connect

Posts by liza

Of all things.... My damned thermometer had upendied and I figured it out when I went to make meringue and got soup   The digital ones are a pain, mine was 7 degrees off! Already in the bin and a new one in my pocket.   Since the arrival of my new technology, I have thankfully not had issues.     Although great fun... funny you mention the drops.. I ALWAYS order the 70/30/38NV..   So our other vendor decides they want our business, but can't get the 70/30... so I...
Welcome! Start your own thread in this forum, 'new topic' and post as if you would a classified ad. What you're looking for, etc. Include an email and hopefully, you'll get some responses. Gonzzzo and I are in the States and we have similar 'go to' sites, apparently, I'm not the only one having a problem finding quality help through them though! LOL
Hello to you! Welcome aboard.   Funny enough, I was going to ask the same question today (Southern Mass) so I too am interested if there is any other place that potential employees could be found.
I'm sorry you are discouraged, if it helps, (and I'm sure I speak for everyone here) We've all been there.   As others have said; good days, bad days. When the bad days start to outweigh the good, then it's definitely time to dust off the resume. Keep in mind that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence too LOL   It NEVER hurts to look around as long as it's done descretely. As you are a student, if this is an internship; the EC is sorely mistaken....
I'm starting to have a shelf life, I have no problem asking the kids to bring up the sacks of flour and sugar now. Back in the day, I wouldn't dream of asking for help Yes to opening doors regardless of gender, and pickle buckets have buried a line in the hands of a novice so yes to helping when necessary. Off topic, too many choices for profile descriptions... I'm leaning towards 'can't boil water' and see if anyone notices
OMG totally brilliantWith the heat and humidity and my cocoa flying, I look like a deranged Easter bunny by the end of the day... And then there's my flourWhy yes, my hair is this colorCrappy t shirts right now unless a bride is in the house lol
Great link thank you!
I second Uncommon Chefs women's coats. They're well made, and fitted for a woman and they're not a lot of money. I also agree with having a standby on the hanger. I wear tshirt and/or prep shirt when getting down and dirty, but always put my coat on in public (apron off of course) Pretty awesome colors out there now too... You're not just limited to the white!
What exactly is your question? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to sound snarky, but I'm not sure what the question is
With the heat index rising, the water thing is the most important! I start my day at 3-4am and start mainline-ing caffeine (I know, not good) mid morning (to the rest of the world) I try to make a conscience effort to start drinking water. (I like the alarm reminder!! GREAT idea!)   Maybe talk to fellow cooks and see if a shift meal family style can be arranged. The grazing thing is good as long as you keep it healthy. Veggies, fruit,cheese, etc. Complimented by protein....