or Connect

Posts by Kieron19

Where i come from a cook is someone who reads a recipe and follows it to the letter, or adapts because they know how to from personal experience,   A chef is someone who doesnt need to follow recipes as they know the correct weights by looking, touching, smelling ect. they also know how to put things right using little tricks such as when making  a mayonnaise which splits adding another egg normally helps, or the fact that when spaghetti sticks to the wall it is...
there is more dirt on wedding rings and wedding bands then on a raw meat chopping board.
Where i work At the moment for covers under 5 we do not add a tip on. For covers 6 or over (under 20) we put a optional 12% on (which not many people ask to be removed) for over 20 covers (people) when booking we charge them for the F/B (food and beverage) and a table charge of between £100 and £150 mainly because they get a room to their selves and 2 waiters. this 100£ to 150$ is the best way to ensure a fair tip and if their is like say 35 people its only £2.85...
Neither....   I start at $00 (£00) and if the greeting is good i add an appropriate amount on normally (£2) $4 then the better or more i enjoy service i will keep adding an amount onto this. if something happens or does something i don't like i take some £/$ off.   On a 2 course meal lasting around 2 hours costing around $100 (£50) i would usually tip between $15 (£7) and $45 (£20) if its bad service i usually tip around £0.50p or $1 this being an insult to...
I dont know. i make my own cheese not yogurt. My mate makes his own yogurt. I use that to make cheese. sorry x kieron
Is french toast just eggy bread or gypsie toast.... eggs whisked up with bread added in. Then fried in a frying pan with a little oil..
If it was a front of house position and the tattoos cant be well hidden you wouldn't get hired. Mowah No hired Piercings im not looking for a Sieve.   In the kitchen as long as its not in contradiction with health and hygiene rules then i would hire you. If you were in a Forward facing position such as a chef who goes to conference or do meetings then i probably wouldnt let you be in that postion.
My chef lecturer does. and so do i. ( im the head chef of a nursing home) and i measure a 1Cm dice. any smaller go into soup. Larger get cut to 1Cm and perfect ones go for salads and things like that.  
maybe you could freeze the pineapple and cut it on a Japanese mandolin slicer. THey work for things like strawberries and other soft fruits. Personally i freeze in a Blast Chiller and slice the Quickly defrost the slices in cold water. (Stops the fruit going mushy)  
yeah, liquid diets, gluten free, veggies, vegans, nut free halal, fork mashed, smooth diets, Increasing diets (extra protein and carbs) Decreasing diets, (no or little protein and carbs) No salt, no pepper, (killers for me hate not seasoning food) Some like traditional foods (meat and 2 veg) others like modern food, (chillies, currys, stuffed things and your modern cooking things. Must cook all meat to 75'C, eggs must be fully cooked (no runny yolks) .