or Connect

Posts by southern gal

this is for hot chocolate recipe wanted. If you get a can of hershey's cocoa it should have the recipe on the can, if not here it is:1/2 cup of sugar,1/4 cup hershey's cocoa, dash of salt, 1/3 cup of hot water, 3/4 tsp. of vanilla, 4 cups of milk. Mix sugar,cocoa and salt in saucepan, stir in water mix really good until all cocoa is mixed in. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils, boil and stir for two minutes, stir in milk and heat until hot, do not boil...
in reply to "looking for old fashion chocolate frosting that hardens"This is how to make the frosting: you just use the recipe for making hersey's cocoa fudge: 2/3 cup of cocoa, 3 cups sugar, 1/8 tsp. vanilla,  1 and 1/2 cups milk, 1/4 cup butter. Combine cocoa, sugar, salt in large pot, add milk gradually, mixing throughly until mixed up good. Then bring to a bubbly boil over med. heat stirring constantly, reduce heat to low and cook until mixture forms a soft ball in...
This is my own version of red beans and rice, it is somewhat different then most, but it is really good. I sent it to my cousin who has lived in Ca. all her life and she loved it! Soak one pould red beans in a bowl with enough water to cover overnight, wash good first. Next day put 3 TLBS. of bacon grease or olive oil in large pot & heat over med. heat then add one chopped onion, one chopped green bell pepper, 3 tsps chopped garlic & saute 2-3 mins. stirring constantly,...
Gosh, John DT I never really thought about how many servings this makes,but I will say when all my three childern were home I would make a big pot of beans and the five of us could eat two nights off of it. Hope this helps. Probably about 8-10 servings. From Southern Gal
Hi Ishel moderator, I hope this gets to you. I have just recently started learning to use the computor and don't really have a great understanding of where to send things, if you get this please send me and e-mail letiing me know where to post my recipes. Also how do I get to my personalized home page? Thanks, Southern Gal  ryan5346@live.com
This is for Snowfallsdesigns about how to make lasagna without ricotta or cottage cheese. My family doesn't like ricotta or cottage chesse in lasagna either. This is how I make mine, I put layer of noodles, meat sauce then i add about 1/2-1 cup each of these shredded cheeses: Chedder, Mossarella, Colby and Monterry Jack and I get a bag of shredded Kraft Italian four cheese and add 1/2 cup of that then add some parmesan cheese last. Then I just continue to layer until pan...
I would like to share my recipe for red beans and rice, I know, I know another one, but mine is different then any other I have ever seen. I kinda invented it myself over the years. I even gave it to my cousin who has lived in Ca. all her life and she loves it. This is the recipe: One pound of red beans washed and put in bowl with enough water to cover and soak overnight. Next day take one large onion chopped, one large bell pepper chopped, 3 TLBS. garlic, chopped. Put 3...
Hello yall from the deep south, I have been cooking & loving it for over 40 years and would love to talk to anyone out there about any thing realated to cooking.