or Connect

Posts by MartyFC

Thanks for the idea ChefBuba. Will check it out.  I have used another boutique oil and vinegar from Round Pond, also in California.  Love it, especially their vinegar selections.  If you're just able to shop the grocery stores, try Les Costes olive oil from Spain.  Nice!  Also, Ortalli Balsamic vinegar (Italian) is just wonderful.  Low acid, not vinegary tasting at all.
Uh, speaking of macaws.  I forgot.  Don't let her see you take the cheese container out of the fridge!  She has a loud voice and lets it be known if she doesn't get at least one little bite! It's always fun to take her for outings, get a little 'take-out' and sit at an outdoor table.  Four chairs a must.  One for each of us, one for the macaw, and one for the stranger who will end up joining us to watch the fun.  Put a small plate of noodles in front of her and she...
My macaw loves curry.  Any Indian curry is a winner, but don't give em the sauce.  Too rich.  Thai curry is a definite hit as well as Pad Thai.  The eyes flash, she says "Do you like that" and will eat a whole plate full if you let her.  The peanut sauce combined with noodles, pure macaw heaven!  Plus, add that chili sauce, the eyes don't even water and not a single sniffle. Potatoes--mashed preferred with some garlic and a little butter, not much please. Grilled...
Can't say as I know exactly what these are for, BUT I used to live in Austria and think you should seach Amboss flatware for an answer.  They are a known flatware maker from Austria and make very modernistic looking stainless flatware that looks similar to these photos.  They also make a wide variety of specialty knives and forks for just about every use imaginable.  You may get better luck searching German or Austrian versions of Google so you don't get bombarded with...
Well, I've just returned from some vacation time, so feeling ambitious decided to give my pans a little more shine so your question seems timely.  Don't know about removing the plastic, but I would agree with the last post---don't use it, it's toxic.  In fact, if you have birds, get them out of the room pronto next time you decide to burn the spatula or even a teflon pan.  The fumes alone can kill them.  NOW, if that didn't scare you------- But, I digressed.  Try these...
Oui, Je faisais, mais je commencais dans les tort la fin. Les bon temps ne roulez pas! I suspect they should have added something to the water when boiling????
Mmmm-looks great.  Will try it soon! Thanks for the idea. I would not have thought about using regular flour tortillas to make middle east flatbread.  Plus, funny you mention using Panko in your meatballs.  I made some Danish Frikadellar a few nights ago and realized that I had forgotten to buy flour, so used my last little splash of flour then substituted panko for the rest of the filler.  I was afraid of them not tasting authentic enough, but they were delicious...
Re: BDL's comments, to me it depends on what I'm using the knife for.  I have German and Japanese blades and use them for different things.  They are all great knives and I keep them all very sharp, but must admit I am most fond of my Japanese knives. I, too, am disappointed in my global.  Sharp, but find it uncomfortable to hold. Plus wasn't all that impressed with my Kyocera ceramic knife.  Was fun at first, but limited uses and not too practical if you drop it! Guess...
Well, I know I'm wading in deep water here, but I need some expert opinion.  I like to cook, enjoying dining at new and interesting restaurants and enjoy trying new dishes wherever I travel.  However, in all my years, have never eaten fresh water crayfish until a couple days ago.  They were very small, fresh-water farmed and looked lovely on another diner's plate.  They were served boiled with both a tangy red salsa and clarified butter.  However, don't know if I ate...
Well, my doc wants me to cut the potatoes, bread, etc.  Result, have been branching out in side dishes and no more boring meat and potatoes, but actually enjoying the meals more and not hungry after two hours.  I like the colors to be visually appealing also, so may add beets and sauteed beet leaves in garlic and a smidgin of bacon as a side to veal, or creamy polenta cooked with a little splash of squash soup with some sauteed green beans to compliment an Italian style...