or Connect

Posts by Fts93

You dont say anything to the Mr.Keller but if he would saw you in the his kitchen he would slap you to the backhead, when you preparing your stocks/mother sauces->-> and dont be clean same time :). You told what recipes is good to know in the kitchen, but i would say that all that comes easier from the clean and well organized kitchen, than messy and dirty kitchen.  -Kalle
Hi! What do you think are the five most important kitchen techniques a chef(cook) must learn? And then what is the "must to know" recipe in the kitchen? My answer for the first question is: 1. Working Clean 2. Ability to endure stress 3. Mise En Place 4. Knife Skills(more important in fine dine restaurant, but of course you dont want to cut your finger every time in the kitchen. 5. Seasoning For the Second question i do not have answer, so what you guys...
Thank you very much for answers. Especially to petals. Your reply was nice to read and put me think little bit more again my working and life. And yes i really know that i need to get my own apartment. Cook`s life and living with friends just not be so wonderful. And mentally i get broke very fast with my personal life and things what happen near to me. I put just relations with my dad off. And i really appreciate all people who are older than me, and listen to things...
That is good advices. I`m young and just read Daniel Boulud`s book, it have similar tips and for myself i drink water very much when i work. Are you drink mineral water or normal? I drink boths. Before shift i dont eat so much, maybe something light. Fruit and quark. What comes to drinkin coffee i drink it literally too much. I try too replace it with tea, but sometimes it just it`s easier to take coffee. I`m never smoke cigarettes, but does light sodas make your palates...
Who i am? Yeah, i`m sure that i dont even know myself. But one of the miserable alcoholic from Finland. 18 years old. Okay, i`m not a really alcoholic. Just started to my career. Career to be cook, then chef. I grew up in big family(4 brothers, 1 sister) parents was an alcoholic. But yea i dont complain. I lived quite a good life, when i was younger. Of course i did stupid things, i think most of us did. But i´m still alive. Since 13(years old) almost all of the...
Pork Sirloin, Mushroom sauce(with little bit of horseradish) and crispy pan fried potatoes. Cook it to my family. Perfectly moist pork <3 :)
In my opinion lot of differend foods, doenst bring more customers to this place. Okey, it`s good idea to make kids menu(not that usual, where is french fries and sausage). Just like Chicken, or pig and some veggies and this kind of stuff. But dont make it too complex for you and for your customers. If u have food to the babys, mid ages, teen ages->-> yeah i`m sure you understand. And today people dont want commit to some place for 1 year. It is one thing, which can...
Nice advices. For me the first step was just that, just need to organize and plan well what you`re gonna do and IMO it just so simple. "Not a rocket science" how many chef has saying. :)
Easy to say, but just calm down. It can be little bit hard of begin, but if you just focus that, what you are doing it going well. Even, when it`s really busy night, just try to be clean and dont run everywhere, just be focus. You are pretty much same age than me. I`m working 12 months very very busy restaurant, and was working in the grill (Mothers Day..->) omg, it was horrible. But it was so horrible that we just laugh, and making great food. Dont think, that omg now...