or Connect

Posts by Johnny P

Thank you all for the input. I've had a set of 4 star henkles for the past 10 years and they have treated me well. I was looking to upgrade, but based on the replies, I'm probably going to stick with Henkles. Been soley a Henkle man for over 20 years now. Thanks again. John
I'm not prepared to spend almost $500. for a French Knife. Great looking cutlery, but can anyone tell me if they are really worth the price?
I saw them on my tomatoes for the first time this year. I must have gotten them early, because I picked only 3 and didn't see anymore for the rest of the summer and I had a great crop this year
I agree with most of the posts here. The Joy of Cooking is definately up there. Also America's test kitchen and cooks illustrated have many great books, very informative and user friendly. They all explain in detail the who's, what's, where, and why's. Larousse is a great reference to have whether your a home cook or professional. I consider it a must in any kitchen.
I'm Johnny P & I just joined today. Been a professional chef for over 30 years in some of the finest Hotels, Restaurants and Banquet facilities in Boston. Hope to make some new friends here, I love to network & love talking food. I think that this will be a great site as I'm always searching for new ideas, techniques and trends. I'm also looking forward to sharing my own experiences with anyone who may need advice. Feel free to ask. JP.