or Connect

Posts by kingofnull

Interestingly enough, that works out to be the same as my method with our pass.
What is the traditional method of organizing colours on the pass? I've always arranged least to most cooked. Logic being that I don't want carry over cooking to affect the least cooked item. The last sous arranged his plates opposite, which I gather is the "proper" way to do it. The manager and I got into a discussion the other day, his logic being that if we keep the organization the same, his servers don't need to communicate re: colors. My argument is that they...
On a whim I started removing the skin on my butternut with a vegetable peeler.  I had one at home that's notorious for taking huge gouges out of carrots - but it's just perfect for the tough skin on butternut.   Now I find myself reaching for the peeler every time I have to prep bnut.  Much faster and less waste too.
I typically batter then bread my onion rings.  To order is best in my experience, but I had a party a few weeks ago and just batter/breaded then trayed them.  To my taste they came out the same as when we batter/bread per order.
Just curious - what is general composition of the theatre rush?
I always include a cover 'letter' with any online/e-mail application.  It's usually just a few short paragraphs about me, my training/skills and work ethic.
No offense, but I think it's a bit of a stretch calling yourself the 'lead line cook' when you don't have all the stations down 100%.  That said, my resume has a section under each job heading for responsibilities.  
When you get home after a long day on the line and your spouse asks "what's for dinner" *face palm*
Don't see why all the above advice wouldn't work. I often make frites at home for the picky eaters, and never had issue with soak, dry, blanch, fry, season.