or Connect

Posts by Colin

There are definitely products sold to the baking trade of this kind.  You might look in the King Arthur's catalog.  Maid of Scandinavia used to sell stuff like this.     But I think you're asking for something difficult to impossible, if you want good flavor from a dry powder.  Most of the flavors you specify depend partly on volatile oils and so forth that won't survive being reduced to a dry powder, especially a powder that sits around oxidizing for months.
Exactly.  In a Cadbury's Milk chocolate bar, for example, the dominant thing I taste is sweet condensed milk.  A confection aimed at children.   -   Have to say I find the whole idea of healthy chocolate ... entertaining.  It's nice to have nibs available, though -- I had a great dessert the other week involving nibs and pears, which I have to try to reproduce some time.
How much control would you have, using pressurized gas, over the degree of whipping?  With whipped egg whites, the distinction between soft and stiff peaks is sometimes important.   Bakery-level production of macaroons will use a large electric mixer, no?
This is all in one dish?  Is the stock chicken stock?   The best I could do with this sad list is some sort of potato pancake, maybe thin and folded like a crepe, and a light sauce or glaze for the chicken with the oranges and tiny, tiny amounts of the sugar and syrup.     But really, instead of doing this assignment you should be organizing a protest at your school for simple fresh food.
Whipping egg whites by hand with a whisk is really not hard.  But any electric mixer will do the job.
Well, you could try that and see what happens!     If all you want is color and a hint of taste, replacing a tablespoon or so of flour with cocoa might do it...  but I really don't know what a "box mix" entails here.  (The classic "pound cake" is pretty darn simple ingredientwise: flour, butter, eggs, sugar in equal weights.  Why a mix?)   Really adding *chocolate* to any kind of cake requires substantially rebalancing the recipe.
I'd start with the simplest possible bread and learn technique with that.  Here's a nice example: http://www.thefreshloaf.com/lessons/yourfirstloaf   It takes practice to learn how a dough should look and feel at various stages.  The freshloaf.com site will take you to some good videos.     Over-kneading is unlikely, unless you are using a powerful machine.  What is more likely is not allowing enough time for fermentation.
I do prefer my horse fresh.
AnnieW is right. A classic pullman-style white loaf (pain de mie) would fit the comfort-food traditionalism of grilled cheese.  What kind of cheese do you use?   For more adventure, there are potato bread recipes that give you a nice even crumb plus an extra flavor that should work well with cheese.  I'm thinking of "Roasted Potato Bread" in Jeffrey Hamelman's _Bread_ (discussion at...
emmbai90 packs a truly impressive amount of wrongness into just one sentence.   If you search on "flour types" in this forum you will find more discussion of flour, including this useful link: http://www.theartisan.net/flour_descriptions_and_definitions.htm   But ChicagoTerry's question is the right one: what are you trying to make?  What's the recipe and what happens?  It's not clear from the initial post if you are trying to make bread or something else.  Flour...