or Connect

Posts by margcata

Kaneo,   1) Classic is veered toward  traditional;  not modern or fusion.    In the European Union countries, especially Spain, Greece and Italy; the Governments promote their classic traditional gastronomy, historical hotels and wines to increase tourism.   These two types of cold tomato soups are Spanish Government National Traditional or Classic Dishes, as Paella is; and the Government Tourism Industry promotes its regional gastronomy and regional...
Snake 666,   May I ask why Sao Paulo ?   Interesting, My Vet husband does alot of bovine investigative research in Sao Paulo.   We had lived there for one year many years ago as well  as in Uruguay, which is very special for us.   Have nice labor day wkend. Marge.
French Fries,   A sprinkle of fresh herbs on Paella or Fidueà is always an added pleasure. I shall try out the fresh rosemary along with the parsley, thyme & orégano the next time we have it.   Smoked Paprika ( cayenne ) from the Spanish firm, La Vera in La Vera, Extremadura is available in all Latin American Groceries is also employed in paellas and fideuàs.   Have nice Labor Day. Marge.
French Fries, Ordo & Kaneo,   1stly, thanks French Fries & Ordo for assisting Kaneo.   Vermicelli, a 1 inch thin pasta variety called Fideuà or Fideos:  replaces the Aborio Round Small Grain Rice in a Paella.   *** If you Re- read Post Number 9; Fideuà  is explained.   This well known dish is more popular in the Barcelona & Tarragona provinces of Catalonia; north of Valencia.   The Fideuà is also prepared in a Paella Metal Pan called a...
Siduri, 1) New York Times Plum Torte ( see their website ) 2) Plum Butter for croissants or toast 3) Plum Sorbet 4) On the savoury side: Pork Roast or Pork Tender Lion with Plum Sauce    Some other possibilities with Plums; Hope this assists. Marge.
Colombo.   Celeriac in Spanish translates to:  apio nabo which is a complex and not necessarily a proper translation; as the meaning is Celery Turnip:   apio = celery   nabo = turnip   Thus, when Spanish people go to buy celeriac, they see Apio Nabo = celeriac turnip root or celery root turnip   Kind regards. Marge.
Colombo,   Verbal colloquial informalities in conversational expressions & formal written communications from one language to another, can get quite complicated.   After living in the Iberian Peninsula for almost 20 years it is quite an experience to speak with someone from the north, in comparison to Andalusia in the south for example. It is like night and day.     Research Credits: and The noun SETAS signifies: wild...
Nico and Phatch,   I am a publishing writer and I receive many photos as many writers & reporters do  from  uncountable Bar and Restaurant Owners as well as hotels, and they are photos, not slides. My cell phone is a great tool, however, the photos it takes are mediocre.   The photo of the grilled Cod Fish Pil Pil with garlic Canapé is from a Tavern in the city of Bilbao in the Spanish Basque Country.     At the moment, I cannot tell you which Tavern, as...
Ordo,   Empanada Gallega ( savoury pie filled with tuna, bell pepper, onions, olives amongst other ingedients and variations in Galicia, Spain ) is a fabulous Tapa ( meze or snack ).   In Galicia, it is usually baked in the oven in a large rectangle and the pastry is egg washed to provide a lovely crispiness.   Thanks for posting your savoury pie and the recipe link.   Kind regards. Marge. 
Kippers,   Burgos is a lovely historical small city in October or May when it is not too freezing cold. It has awfully long long winters.     In all honesty, my system prefers Shellfish and Seafood fideuà with vermecelli noodles  Barcelona style verses Paella  unless the rice is Caldoso, meaning Rice in shellfish stock, which is very typical in Alicant verses the Valencian Paella.       Have you taste tested Burgos Morcilla = Black Blood Sausage stuffed...