or Connect

Posts by elmariachi

Hello All,             I recently started baking bread at home. I have had good experience with the finished product until recently I noticed that on a couple of occassions my finished bread turned up doughy or wet when I cut into it on the sides. The outside crust looked just fine. I tapped onto the crust and it resonated a crusty bread. But when I cut into it I found that its not just that its doughy in the middle but its doughy everywhere.                       ...
Hi,     Thanks for all your suggestions. Any ideas how to make it more soft. Does it depend on what flour you are using.     One more thing I wanted to find out is how to confirm that the dough is ready and does not have more or less water or is under or over kneaded.   Thanks Sam
Hello BDL, Colin,                       Thanks for reviewing my method and my issue. I beleive that you guys asked some very good questions and had some really good comments.                         Colin's comment of the bread good for same day use as soon as the bread is out of the oven and stale the next day is very right. When i taste the bread the same day just after I cut, the bread is so soft and so good to taste that you don't get in store bought...
Hello All,             I recently started to bake bread at home. My issue is that the bread is turning out to be extremely dry just after a day. Following is the process that I use:   * Activate the (approx 2 teaspoons) fleishmans active dry yeast in lukewarm water ( about 2 cups) for about 7-8 minutes * Add about 4 cups bread flour to the water + yeast and knead it in the kitchen stand mixer for about 10 minutes. * Let the dough sit for one hour. * Punch...