or Connect

Posts by JBroida

for what its worth, i'm also around to answer questions after you watch the videos :)
yeah... i was wondering what happened there, but its probably because this is a kitchen knife part of the forum and there might be better places to post this
for what its worth, vg-10 is average at best when compared to many other steels common in higher-end knives
they look identical... there is a difference in feeling on the stones though.
i think that you will find that if you ask them to do everything we ask them to do for our gesshin ginga line, the price you pay will be higher than you think.
even with a big wheel, its not always possible.  Its very important to not overdo the uraoshi.
might be hard to find... they sell out so fast and are hard to restock.  Also, those that have bought them rarely sell them.
yeah... anonymity causes all kinds of problems for sure.  That being said, especially lately, KKF has been a lot more negative than i remember it being.  I'm currently talking to the mods about this, because it got to a point that bothered me and made me feel uncomfortable.  I think a lot of those guys didnt realize how bad it was because its been a slow and gradual change towards the more negative attitude.  But, being able to take a step back and look at whats going on...
honestly, i call them out on that kind of thing too.  I dont think its good for anyone.
white #2 FWIW