or Connect

Posts by cheflayne

That is one of the ways that I have worked with him!
I've worked with him!
I'm kinda slow, are we totally joking or half and half or looking for help with a dark roux and when to add chix? Bear with me, like I said I'm kind slow. Or because I am slow, abuse the hell out me and I probably won't know it.
But then wouldn't that be like 
Lets say your salaried position is paid $50,000 on a yearly basis. One day they work 12 hours. One day they work 16 hours. How would the break down to an hourly rate go?
Cutting a salary usually comes with budgetary repercussions that increase other segments of a spreadsheet such as hourly. To me it is more beneficial to view salaries as a fixed cost even though they can be cut, adjusted, or eliminated, whatever and yes it will effect the bottom line, but for the most part salaries should stay fairly consistent over a time period such as a month or week or day. So as to scheduling or whatever there isn't much I can do that will impact...
How do you control a fixed cost? Yes it is beyond important to track cost. Rent/mortgage is a good example of a cost that needs to be tracked, but at the same time it is a fixed cost and won't change so thereby can't be controlled. Salaries fall into the same definition of fixed cost so if you lump them into your labor cost with hourly pay rates (which you can control by cutting back hours, number of employees working at one time, etc) then your feedback received from your...
I personally wouldn't include your salary into my kitchen labor cost budget if I were setting up the financial charts because your salary is more or less a fixed cost.   By doing so I reduce the effectiveness of tracking the labor cost as a tool to help me with scheduling etc because it is not a true reflection of costs that I can control. You get paid, work or not, low hours or long hours.   To me it does not make sense but it really doesn't matter either way to the...
If it were set up differently, your target number would also be different, so it basically wouldn't be different at all, if that makes any sense at all.   If your salary was recorded under the same category as the chef's, then your salary would be backed out of the kitchen budget so correspondingly your target labor cost for the kitchen would be lowered proportionally to reflect that fact and the target number for the salaries category would be increased proportionally...
Who is responsible for coming up with the budget and who is paying attention to it? Are they aware that budgets are tools but also just pieces of paper?   If the money being spent on salaries is recorded under kitchen labor or under another category it doesn't really change the bottom line of the business. Either way the same amount is being spent and the profit or loss remains the same. If the powers that be don't understand this concept, it can definitely complicate...