or Connect

Posts by cheflayne

Chef will be impressed more by attitude than he will be by knowledge. Chef can teach techniques and recipes. He will be looking for work ethic and teachability.
lots of info here   numerous others as well, the search function is your friend
Work. Work hard. Work professionally. Work on skills. Work on increasing knowledge. Work.
I make a smoky root beer BBQ sauce. Place hickory chips in the smoker. Combine chopped carrots, onions, celery, mushrooms, lemon zest, ginger, sassafras, and sarsaparilla and place it on a screen in the smoker. In a pan beneath it, I combine lemon juice, orange juice, ketchup, root beer (my preference being Henry Weinhards), worchestershire, and nam pla. Smoke it for 15 minutes. Combine the vegie mix with the liquid mix and let it simmer on low heat for 20 minutes until...
Make it into corned beef and cabbage sausages.
My estimate, although I am sure that you will get many differing opinions, is   65# penne   7 gallons red meat sauce   7 gallons alfredo sauce
You are exactly where you need to be at this point in your career. Strong points are well and good as far as they go, but in order to be a well rounded chef, we need to work on our weaknesses. The earlier this happens in a career, the better. Your job doing plate up is pure gold to you at this time. A perfect opportunity to strengthen areas that need to addressed. Seize the moment and use it to it's fullest.   Your career will develop and take a direction in time. Let it...
I would imagine the term grilled cheese came about from restaurants using flattops to produce them.   I have no supporting evidence, merely flights of fantasy down the twisted corridors of my cranium.   Sandwich Shop Grill  
Milk fed or western?
It's a pretty broad category but a few things that come to mind are...   Don't buy spice mixes such as curry powder. Make your own. Use whole spices. Dry roast until the start to give wisps of smoke or slightly start to pop. Let cool slightly and grind in a mortar and pestle.   Tarka (seasoned oil). Get your oil very hot, drop in whole spices in order of cooking time such as chilies last because they burn quickly. The spices will pop and sizzle and get intense really...