or Connect

Posts by cheflayne

You could learn many things doing such work and quite a few would be about truly being a chef.
Only if you are going to talk about yourself. When finger pointing remember that three fingers are pointing back at you.
I would try subbing 1 (to 1 1/2) cups of corn syrup for the granulated sugar.
 If you reduce the lemon juice until it is syrupy consistency, the thinning out issue becomes non-existent. I use the same principal when making key lime pie. Eliminates the problem in both cases.
 In all seriousness, I can't remember the last time I roasted a chicken at home. It has been years. No big compelling reason, I just don't.
I personally like the sound of it and would probably lean to tellicherry black pepper, although I could also see green mysore pepper working.   I have been known to use pepper in desserts, but one thing to keep in mind is what do you think the public perception would be? We can make the greatest dish in the world, but if people don't buy it...well you know.   When I use pepper in desserts, I generally do it in prix fixe menus such as wine pairing dinners because it is...
How does pepper accentuate the taste of lemon? Or is it more of a counterpoint? Is there any taste difference between black pepper and white pepper? Or is it strictly because of visuals? If the pepper is a taste counterpoint, what about also as a visual counterpoint as opposed to a fairly monochromatic scheme? Any thoughts of green peppercorns or pink peppercorns?
 Why pepper? Why white? Why in the topping? I am not necessarily against, just trying to get some insight into your thought processes and the reasons behind them.
Use Meyer lemons. Zest and juice them. Reduce the juice way down. Put some of the zest in your crust, some in your batter, and the rest in your topping. Put the reduced juice in your batter. Incorporate the curd into your topping. Use limoncello to make a sauce.
First tip is to use a blue foot chicken. Second tip is to puree the liver with some red wine and brandy. Then when you are finishing up the sauce, at the very end, pull it off the heat and add the pureed liver whisking it in until it is absorbed and thickens the sauce.