or Connect

Posts by cheflayne

Urfa biber
I know what you are trying to say, but @gypsy0714 is asking a question about the technique of grilling food to a desired degree of doness. In this case, the food is hamburgers. I haven't eaten a hamburger in years, but I can certainly cook one to desired degree of doneness. Buy 3 hamburgers. Cook one to what you think is MR, being sure to test surface tension of meat the entire time watching for clues. Watch the flow of juices for clues as it cooks. Cut it in half and see...
This is spot on. It also speaks volumes about the employee, due to it's brevity, without bringing on any potential legal issues. A great employee, I can actually speak volumes about, using extra words, without worrying about legal issues.
Just for the record, I am not a knife geek, but I am a chef with many years of experience and fairly mad knife skills. I have had a MAC MBK-110 for a couple of years now. I use it for at least 90% of my knife work. I used it Saturday for slicing 100# of grilled veg, cutting 18 qts of grapes in half, peeling and skinning 12 beef tenderloins, etc. etc. etc. I love my MAC. It is light enough, but yet heavy enough. It holds an edge and is easy to sharpen when needed. I would...
Lots of info on these threads.                          
 Just because there others of us that know exactly what you talking about doesn't mean that you aren't sick in the head :~) Consider your source, I mean look at the people you came to with your question LOL.
Hi @Sexxychef. Welcome to the forums. I lived in the BVI for awhile. I have been to St Thomas and St John as you can hit them with a rock from Tortola, but never St Croix. Got it on my to do list though. Where is going to be your next port of call?
They actually turned out pretty damn amazing if I do say so myself. They are nice and moist. The tomato taste is not a hit you over the head tomato flavor but more of I know that flavor what is it kind. Paired up great with the gelato and syrup. It basically was a riff on a persimmon cookie that I did a few years ago at Christmas time. Overall I would have to say the whole thing is a keeper. I am not sure where the whole idea came from, other than the culinary sirens, but...
Tomato Cookies I concassed some roma tomatoes. Sprinkled with baking soda and mashed with a fork.Then I beat together brown sugar and shortening. Sifted together ap flour, salt, and garam masala. Lastly, I minced some golden raisins and toasted some pine nuts. I added the sifted dry ingredients to the sugar/shortening and beat low to mix. Blended in the mashed tomatoes and finally folded in the raisins and pine nuts. Baked at 350. Plated along with coconut gelato topped...
I concur with this but while not a deal breaker, walking off a job or quitting before having a new job would get my "spidey senses" tingling; although I have been guilty of giving two weeks notice before having a new job :~). I may not be smart but I know smart.  Yeah this, also I would certainly expect a few changes of places of employment in 14 years. I would be more concerned if there were none.  The not getting along with a new supervisor thing happens, I would delve...