or Connect

Posts by cheflayne

brine first, then bake  if you want to increase your consumption of oats, cook oats in water and stir into finished rice dish, you can do same thing with quinoa and amaranth to bump up your protein and fiber (carbs), sprinkle chia or ground flaxseed on finished rice, add beans to your rice (black, white, garbanzo) to bump up protein and fiber, add tempeh for big protein boost  cucumber, mint, ginger  I have to run to work but will give some more thought and hopefully be...

In my hiring practices, it is nice, but not important. I don't hire because of a piece of paper. I don't not hire because of a lack of a piece of paper. I am more interested in character, attitude, and work ethic. To me, those speak volumes; whereas a piece of paper is fairly mute. I went to culinary school with some people that I wouldn't hire in a million of years. I worked with some people that didn't go to school that I would hire in a nano second.
The original poster wasn't whining and complaining (getting off at midnight and an 1 1/2 hour commute didn't appeal to them, no crime in that). They were just looking for ideas about 9-5 culinary (note: not chef) jobs. They do in fact exist. Country clubs, private clubs, schools, corporate dining, catering, upscale markets, lunches at fine dining restaurants, hotels, etc. etc. etc.
Here's some things that I have done in the past.   Stuffed Apple, a Granny Smith Apple stuffed with oven roasted Acorn Squash, Dulse Sea Vegetable, Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper, and Shiitakes and topped with a creamy Ginger Vinaigrette   Stuffed Tomatoes vine ripened Tomatoes stuffed with Asparagus tips, Sunflower Seeds, Daikon Radish Sprouts, and Tempeh, then drizzled with a Green Tea Vinaigrette   Pacific Rim Napoleons Grilled Asian Eggplants layered with Abura-Age...
Beets can give an interesting twist when incorporated into the preparation of dashi, teriyaki, and ponzu. Definitely not traditional but some fun out of the box things can be done by doing so.
ordering, scheduling, making lists such as par, prep, cleaning
I'll play...   First Course: Caribbean Spiny Lobster, an Anegadan lobster tail brushed with a rum, vanilla bean, and black pepper vinaigrette, then grilled over fruitwood and served with a champagne gelee, diced kiwi, and drizzled with a cardamom syrup   Second Course: Patagonian Toothfish, a filet brushed with an Asian black bean marinade, then pan seared, finished in a hot oven on a bed of seared bok choy and napa cabbage, served with a Thai red curry sauce   Third...
What timeline are you looking at on the menu development? Do you have a desired target date?
1. too subjective 2. too many variables to answer objectively 3. melding traditional into syncretism