or Connect

Posts by cheflayne

It is possible with 80 hour weeks. Lots of people talk about it, few can do it. Takes a special breed. Even so, I would imagine one or both (school and/or apprenticeship) being short changed a bit in receiving your absolute best efforts because,I don't care who you are, after awhile of so many hours, week after week, performance does drop even if your desire is superhuman.   I am speaking from personal experience in having been there, done that etc, and seeing other...
Oh it can happen. Be in too big of a hurry to finish up so you can get to your paying job. Don't use a push stick because you are in a hurry. Kickback happens, hand goes forward. Oh yeah it can happen. Don't ask me how I know.
Sherman452, I applaud your decision. The owners were obviously willing to circumvent (sidestep, evade, dodge, etc.) the tax system. With people like that, it always makes me wonder what else they would be looking to circumvent.   I usually try to distance myself from people and situations such as that because they always winds up in drama at some point and I value my peace of mind too much to do that to myself.   Goodatcha Sherman452.  
Education can come from many sources. Culinary school is only one of those sources. Experience is a wonderful source of education.   A degree is a piece of paper. Some will be impressed by it. Some will not. Some will do good things with a degree. Some will not. Some will do good things without a degree. Some will not.
Basically I was saying that I believe that education and experience are the optimal tool set to possess in an ideal world. False comparison to you, firm belief to me. The world goes round.
 Education is not the same as experience. A wise hunter has a full complement of arrows in his quiver. Even though it takes only one arrow hitting the mark to bag the evening's meal, many times more than one shot is required.
Cut the brisket into smaller pieces (about 2-3# pieces) and still your use your same method. After it is in oven do the chicken, should have plenty of time. Take deep breaths. Talk to your son. Share fond memories about him. Godspeed. You will do fine. Thanks for what you are doing, it is an inspiring and very caring undertaking.
What are the facilities equipped with? How have you been preparing the brisket? How about the chicken, what have you been using, whole or pieces? Boneless skinless breasts should be able to be prepared and cooked in 3 hours. Use Yukon gold potatoes and do skin on mashers.
 I could be wrong and would like to learn if I am because knowledge is power. Do you have a source to site?
Theoretically you never have to replace as long as it is held at temp, but it comes down more to an issue of quality.