or Connect

Posts by cheflayne

I started watching the video but didn't get to far into it before clicking off because nothing they were showcasing exhibited capabilities that I look for in a kitchen knife.
Brown Sugar Meringues with Lime Cream and Mangoes
I don't use liquid smoke but I do make smoked stocks and smoked salt.
 Due to the way chickens are commercially raised here, stacked in pens on top of each other and such where they defecate on each other, unfortunatley is the reason for washing the eggs.  
serunding kelapa ice cream with a passionfruit waffle and a Pusser's rum painkiller sauce
furikake caramel popcorn with corn panna cotta and a kurozu syrup
My personal preference for business is pasteurized eggs in the shell, due to a desire to protect unknowing "at risks" guests such as the elderly, pregnant women, and kids.
As far as I know it is legal to pool eggs in California as long as they stay refrigerated unless the establishment is a licensed health care facility or public & private schools in which case pasteurized shell eggs or pasteurized liquid, frozen, or dry eggs or egg products must be used.
Very difficult to do, in my experience most people in kitchen management positions don't like to be shown or even to consider the possibility that their way is not best.
 I thought that what I did for 12 hours in the kitchen today was actual work, but I guess I was mistaken.